5.8 DA meetings

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Uh, welcome to the first DA meeting," Harry said, looking around anxiously. "Today we'll be staring off with the basics: the disarming spell."

"If I knew we were doing such a stupid spell, I wouldn't have come," Zachariah Smith muttered under his breath.

"Well, this is the spell that saved my life last year so if you feel like it's not as advanced as you would like, you can leave," Harry glared at the boy. He glanced up at Harry and then back at the floor. "That's what I thought. Now everyone, please line up in front of the practice dummy."

A line started to form, Neville standing in front.

"Expelliarmus!" Neville called out as his wand flew backwards hitting the wall. Everyone ducked and looked nervously at him.

"I'm hopeless."

"You're just flourishing your wand too much. Try it like this. Expelliarmus!" Harry waved his wand at the dummy's wand flew out of its hand.

Harry turned around to look at the long line of people. "Now, it's your turn. One at a time."

We made eye contact as I gave him a small smile. Harry returned it as he helped Pavarti Patil.

The line quickly sped up and it was soon my turn.

"Expelliarmus!" I said confidently.

The dummy's wand flew out of its hand. I smiled proudly at Harry who beamed back at me.

"Brilliant!"

I quickly made my way towards the back of the line next to Hermione.

"This is exciting!" Hermione said brightly. I nodded in agreement as we watched the other members attempt at the spell, Harry helping them efficiently.

"You know, Harry is quite good at this teaching thing," I whispered into Hermione's ear. "Who knows, he might end up being a professor."

Hermione laughed as Harry spoke up.

"Stunning is one of the most useful spells in your arsenal," Harry addressed the crowd as he walked around the room. "It's a wizard's bread and butter, really. So come on, then, Nigel. Give it your best shot."

Harry eventually stood at the end of the room, Nigel on the opposite side.

"Stupefy!"

I cringed as Harry flew back and hit the ground with a loud thud.

"Good. Not bad at all, Nigel. Well done," Harry managed to get out as he stood up slowly. "Now, let's partner up and practice."

Harry quickly limped to me as I rubbed his back.

"Are you okay?" I asked. "Harry, you should've added a cushion or something!"

"Well, I didn't expect Nigel to get it on the first try." Harry's face lifted up into a smile. "Are you worried about me?"

"Of course I'm worried about you. You are always so clumsy," I joked, massaging his shoulders.

"If you're so worried about me, maybe you should..." Harry pointed at his cheek. "I would feel loads better."

I laughed before pecking him on the cheek.

"Good excuse," I said teasingly.

I reached up to straighten his collar. "You know, Harry. You're an excellent teacher."

"Am I?" Harry bit his lip as I fixed his tie.

"Mhm." I looked up to see a familiar playful glint in his eyes. "And you're supposed to be professional right now. No snogging."