6.8 oh ronald!

Y/N's pov ϟ

"I'm going to assume that you ended things with Cormac?" I asked, raising my wand as my clothes started to fold. 

Hermione let out a sigh. "I think I made myself clear, don't know if he understood it though."

"He's not that dim-witted," I began as Hermione raised her eyebrow and gave me a look. 

"Okay, maybe he is," I laughed as Hermione chuckled. 

Before I could say anything else, I was cut off by a small knock on the door as it opened, a timid fourth-year student standing in the doorway.

"Yes?" Hermione asked as the fourth year started playing with her thumbs.

"Madam Pompfrey sent for you two, you see, uh," the girl paused as she looked up at us. "Harry and Ron have been poisoned."

"Harry?"

"Ron?"

Hermione and I shouted their names simultaneously as we stood up in shock. I looked over to see Hermione's face pale as she began gathering her things.

"Madam Pompfrey said that you two might want to come and-"

I didn't bother to finish listening to the girl as I rushed out the room, Hermione a couple steps behind me.

"Oh my god," Hermione's voice cracked as we hurried towards the infirmary. "What if he's not okay?"

"They'll be alright," I said unconvincingly, my voice wavering as I pushed open the large two doors, expecting to see Harry and Ron lying in the hospital bed.

To my surprise, Harry was standing next to Ron, who had his eyes closed as Ginny held his hand.

Hermione let out a strangled gasp as she ran up next to Ron, pulling out a chair opposite to him. I rushed towards Harry, pulling him in a tight hug.

"Oh my god, Harry," I croaked out as Harry hugged me back, kissing my cheek lightly. "The girl, she said that you were poisoned."

"No, it was just Ron," Harry whispered back as I pulled away.

"What happened?" I asked as I looked over at Ron who was completely passed out, mumbling things in his sleep.

"Long story, I'll tell you later."

"Okay," I breathed out as Harry squeezed my hand. He gave me a small smile as I returned it, the doors swinging open to reveal Professor Dumbledore, McGonagall, Snape, and Slughorn.

"Oh dear," McGonagall's voice shook slightly as she rushed into the room. "I came as soon as I heard the news."

"Quick thinking on your part, Harry, using a bezoar. You should be very proud of your student, Horace," Dumbledore murmured as he glanced over at Slughorn.

"Ah, yes. Very proud," Slughorn whispered as he tightened his grip on a bottle of mead he was carrying.

"I think we all agree Potter's actions were heroic. The question is: Why were they necessary?" McGonagall spoke up sharply as she took her eyes off Ron.

"Why, indeed," Dumbledore began as he took the bottle out of Slughorn's hands. "This appears to be a gift, Horace. You don't remember who gave you this bottle?"

Slughorn shook his head violently as Dumbledore unscrewed the bottle and took a sniff.

"By the way, it possesses remarkably subtle hints of liquorice and cherry. When not polluted with poison."

"Actually, I had intended to give it as a gift, myself," Slughorn spoke up as he glanced at the Headmaster nervously.

"To whom, might I ask?"