3.8 time turner

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Broaden your minds! You must look beyond to master the art of crystal ball reading." Professor Trelawney frantically moved around the room, waving her hands wildly.

Harry and I both had our heads resting on hands, almost falling asleep as our elbows touched while Ron was already snoring away. Hermione was flipping through her textbook as Professor Trelawney began making her way to our table.

"Now what do we have here."

Ron woke up as the four of us pretended to be very interested in the crystal ball at the middle of our table.

"Ooh, do you mind me trying?" Hermione asked while raising her hand. Professor Trelawney seemed pleasantly surprised as she beckoned her to continue.

"The Grim. Possibly."

"My dear, the first moment you stepped foot into my class I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit for the noble art of divination." Hermione started scowling at the professor as she took her hand. "You see, you may be young in years, but the heart that beats behind your skin is shriveled as an old maid's. Your soul is as dry as the books which you so desperately cleave."

Hermione stood up and shoved the crystal ball off the table, steaming with anger as she stomped out of the room. The three of us looked at each other with shock.

"Have I said something?" Professor Trelawney asked curiously.

~~~

"She has gone mental, Hermione. I mean not that she wasn't always mental, but now it's open for everyone to see," Ron told us as we walked down the staircase.

"Hang on." Harry picked up the crystal ball that was originally on our table. "We better take this back."

"I am not going back." Ron scoffed.

"I'll go with you, Harry." I slightly grinned as we said our goodbyes to Ron.

"Professor Trelawney?" I called out to the empty room. We walked to our table and Harry placed the ball back to its original position.

Suddenly, a hand grabbed my shoulder. I jumped as I turned to see Professor Trelawney gasping, an evil sneer stitched onto her face.

"HE WILL RETURN TONIGHT! TONIGHT, HE WHO BETRAYED HIS FRIENDS. HIS HEART, FRAUGHT WITH MURDER, SHALL BREAK FREE. INNOCENT BLOOD WILL SHALL BE SPILLED AND SERVANT AND MASTER SHALL BE REUNITED ONCE MORE!" she gasped out before she started coughing. Harry and I stood there, our feet frozen.

"I am so sorry. Did you say anything?" Professor Trelawney implored.

"No, Nothing!" Harry said hastily before we both ran out of the classroom.

"What the hell was that?" I released a breath that I didn't know I was holding. "What does she mean by heart fraught with murder? She doesn't mean Sirius Black, right?"

"I don't think she's right in the mind."

Harry waved the thought out of his head. "She was probably joking."

"I hope you're right."

~~~

"I can't believe that they're going to kill Buckbeak!" Hermione said angrily as we started walking towards Hagrid's hut, ten minutes before the execution was scheduled. We stepped into the courtyard to see the executioner sharpening his knife before glancing at us. Hermione and I glared at him before following the path.

"It just got worse," Ron said as we saw Draco with Crabbe and Goyle waiting to watch the execution.

"Ah! Come to see the show," Draco grinned as he pointed towards Hagrid's hut.