4.3 i'm not an owl

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Harry!"

"What?" 

He smirked at me as I entered the goblet room. Today was the day the three respective champions were picked for the Triwizard tournament.

"I told you to stop stealing my hair ties," I took three bands out of his long hair and looked him in the eye. He leaned down so our faces were at the same level.

"I can do whatever I want, Y/N," he laughed before running away. I chased him across the room and slapped his arm before sitting next to him, Hermione and Ron across us at the Hogwarts table. 

I looked to my right at the Beauxbatons table to see Louis being surrounded by girls, clearly not liking the attention. The room was bustling with small conversation as the professors started to enter the room.

"Sit down! Please!"

The room quickly quieted down as Dumbledore's voice rang in the room. "Now the moment that you've all been waiting for. The champion selection!"

The crowd looked around as the lights dimmed and the goblet emitted blue and red flames.

"Who do you think is going to be Hogwarts champion," Harry leaned over and whispered into my ear, chilling running down my spine.

"I don't know, but everyone seems to want Cedric Diggory." I shrugged as a piece of paper flew out of the goblet.

Everyone held their breath as Dumbledore unwrapped the paper.

"The Durmstrang champion is Viktor Krum!"

The audience broke out in applause as Viktor Krum was congratulated by his friends. He began walking up to Dumbledore before shaking his hand and making his way over to the champion's table. Another piece of paper flew out of the goblet.

"The Beauxbatons champion is Fleur Delacour!"

Whistles and cheers erupted from the Beauxbaton's table as Fleur made her way over to shake Dumbledore's hand. Dumbledore caught the last piece of paper and the Hogwarts table tensed.

"The Hogwarts champion is Cedric Diggory!"

Our table exploded with applause as Cedric was slapped on the back. I nudged Harry with my arm as we grinned at each other. He smiled brightly as he shook Dumbledore's hand and jogged towards the champion table, where Fleur and Viktor were sitting.

"That's it! We now have our three champions, but in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist the vessel of victory, the Triwizard cup!"

The crowd began clapping again but was soon cut off by the goblet, which was spewing blue and red flames. Snape stood up from his chair and looked curiously at the cup. Everyone's attention soon diverted towards the flames as another name flew out. Dumbledore reached out and read the name in a whisper.

"Harry Potter."

I turned to look at Harry, his eyes wide open in shock.

"Harry Potter!"

The entire room turned around to look at Harry as I sat there in shock.

"Come on, Harry. Oh for goodness sake!" Hermione grabbed Harry's arm and motioned for him to stand up.

My eyes trailed as Harry stumbled towards Dumbledore, everyone whispering. Harry grabbed the paper from Dumbledore's hand, his eyes turning cold. His head whipped up to look at Dumbledore's unreadable face.

As Harry walked down the aisle, people started jeering.

"He's a cheat!"

"He's not even seventeen yet!"