5.5 you and me

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Did you guys see the new post in the hallway?" Ron asked as the four of us sat down for lunch.

"No," I began as I piled the chicken on my plate. "Why?"

"It says something like Umbridge being the High Inquisitor or something." Ron shrugged before biting into a chicken leg.

"Well, what's that?" Harry asked, sitting next to me. "Sounds like some stupid position."

"Guys, listen to this," Hermione said as she began reading from the Daily Prophet. 

"Having already revolutionized the teaching of Defense Against the Dark Arts, Dolores Umbridge will, as high inquisitor, have powers to address the seriously falling standards at Hogwarts School."

"Blimey Mione, you still read the Daily Prophet?" Ron asked with his mouth full.

"Well, we need to know what the other people are saying and thinking." Hermione hastily folded up the newspaper and placed it on the seat next to her. "She's going to change the entire school."

"But, Dumbledore's here," Harry spoke up. "She can't do anything with him in control."

"Harry, Fudge appointed her. That means she has a lot of power here," I explained to Harry who still didn't understand. Another reason why he wasn't in Ravenclaw.

"What? But Dumbledore is still headmaster."

"Yes, but she's allowed to implement new rules and control the teaching staff," I said, looking at Harry.

"That's not allowed!" Harry exclaimed.

"Sadly it is. I wonder what she's-"

"Guys! Guys!" The four of us turned around to see Fred and George running down the table.

"Umbridge is doing classroom inspections!" Fred breathed out. "She's an absolute bitch."

I rolled my eyes as I shoved another piece of bread into my mouth. "What class did she proctor for you?"

"She was there for Herbology today. I think she's rotating teachers though," George said.

"I have Herbology after lunch. This is great," I mumbled as I stabbed the piece of chicken on my plate.

"Good luck!" Fred ruffled my hair as the Weasley twins left the table. I shook my head at them teasingly before turning back to the trio.

"When do you three have Herbology?" I asked, playing with the greens on my plate.

"We have it as the last class of the day." Hermione looked at me sadly. "I wonder why you weren't put with us for Herbology this year."

I shrugged before the lunch bell rang, signaling the end of lunch.

"Want me to walk you to class?" Harry said as we left the Great Hall together. I waved at Hermione and Ron who quickly went the opposite way.

"Harry, Herbology is on the opposite side of Astrology. You would be late." I smiled at him before attempting to take my book bag off his shoulder.

"I don't mind being late," Harry sheepishly grinned back as he tried to keep my bag on his shoulder.

"You don't, but I do." I raised my eyebrows playfully before successfully prying my bag from his shoulder.

"Okay, but I'll be waiting outside the classroom when you're done," Harry said reluctantly.

"Okay, I'll miss you." I pecked his cheek before walking away. I smiled as I waved goodbye, Harry's smile grew as he watched me leave.