4.1 the quidditch world cup

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Are all of your things packed?"

I turned to see Mom and Dad leaning against my door frame, smiling at each other before going in for a kiss.

"Mom! Dad!" I rolled my eyes as I shoved my books, clothes, and materials into my suitcase before pulling it off my bed.

"You have the entire house to snog, do you really have to do it in front of me?" I pretended to be annoyed, but truly all I wanted in life was a bond like theirs. My mind darted to Harry as I handed my case towards Dad's outstretched hand.

"Alright, alright." Dad came up next to me and held my briefcase. "I'm going to send this over with your other things to the Burrow."

I nodded as he exited the room, leaving my mom and me in my room.

"I'm going to miss you," she said as she pulled me into a hug. "Have fun with the Weasleys after the World Cup, and make sure you behave!"

"Mom," I pulled away and laughed. "You act like I'm a troublemaker!"

"It's just that the summer goes by so fast and then you leave for an entire year." She took my hand in hers before squeezing it tightly.

"Make sure you stay safe and owl me often."

"Y/N!" Dad called from downstairs. "It's time to apparate to our tent."

"Bye, mom!" I hugged her once again. "I wish you could come with us."

"I'm very glad that I'm not going! You know I hate heights!"

I smiled before letting go. I waved as I left my room and ran downstairs.

"Ready?"

I took his outstretched hand.

"Ready."

~~~

My feet hit the ground hard as I looked up. The ground was littered with tents as far as my eyes could go. People were flying around on brooms, laughing as they chased each other. I held my dad's hand tight as we searched for our tent through the large crowd of people.

"Pius! How nice is it to see you." Fudge said as we bumped into him.

"Hello!" Dad smiled professionally as he shook Fudge's hand. "How are you doing today, Minister?"

"Good, good. Very exciting but busy, you know the usual." Fudge winked as he turned around heading back into the large crowd. "Have a good time at the match!"

Dad bowed slightly before grabbing my hand again, guiding us towards the tent with his name on it.

"Here we are!" Dad pointed proudly at a wood plaque stuck in the ground with the words, Pius Tipnesse engraved onto it.

"Enter, Ms. Tipnesse!" Dad held the tent open as he pretended to be my butler. I giggled as I stepped into the large tent. "Did I ever tell you how much I love magic?"

~~~

"Up here!" Dad and I were pushed up by the people behind us in line. "Your seats are up here!" The ticketmaster called as I ran up the steps.

"Oh Godric! Dad, it's gorgeous!"

I screeched as my dad pretended to throw me off the ledge. We laughed at his silliness before sitting down at our seats. We were at the very top of the box, the floor a couple hundred feet below us. I looked around to see loads of people screaming with red and green face paint, waving banners for their team.

Dad and I were wearing all green to support Ireland. I smiled when I saw a group of gingers heading up the stairs, all decked out in bright green.

"Harry! Ron! Hermione!" I called as they turned to see my hands waving in the air.