4.8 the second task

Harry's pov ϟ

I kept looking at the other end of the table to see Y/N and Hermione eating breakfast together. Hermione's eyes looked puffy and Y/N hasn't talked to me since the Yule Ball.

"Ron, why don't you just apologize to Hermione?" I began, turning my attention to Ron who was picking at his eggs.

"I'm not apologizing first." Ron shoved a piece of egg in his mouth as the bell rang, signaling the first class of the day. I watched Y/N and Hermione leave, Y/N's arm linked with Hermione's.

"Ron, I'll catch you later," I called out before running towards the two girls.

"Y/N!"

She ignored me and continued walking with Hermione down the long corridor. I reached out and grabbed her wrist, spinning her around.

"What Harry," she snapped at me.

"I wanted to apologize. For everything. I'm sorry." I looked at her in the eyes.

She crossed her arms and glared at me. "Name them in specifics."

"Well, first of all, I'm sorry for being angry at the ball," I began. "I'm sorry for not sticking up for Hermione. Ron and I just made up after the first task and I didn't want to make him angry again. I'm sorry."

I held my breath as Y/N stared at me in the eyes for a couple of seconds. She unwrapped her arms. "Are you really sorry?"

"Yes! Yes, I am," I said quickly.

"Apologize to Hermione." Y/N tugged Hermione's arms and she looked at me.

"Mione, I'm really sorry. I promise I won't do that again."

Hermione smiled at me weakly. "It's alright, Harry. I don't blame you."

The three of us stood awkwardly before Y/N linked her arms with Hermione's and mine, smiling at us.

"Well, if everything is settled, let's go to Transfiguration."

Y/N's pov ϟ

"What! Harry, you told me you had figured out the egg weeks ago! The task is two days away!" I exclaimed, hitting Harry in the arm before leaning against the bridge rail.

"Really Y/N, I had no idea," Harry responded sarcastically. 

He turned to Hermione. "Suppose Viktor has already figured it out."

"I don't know, we don't talk about the tournament," Hermione replied, looking at the trees in the distance before continuing. "We actually don't talk at all, Viktor's more of a physical being."

I snickered as Hermione shot me a playful glare. The three of us broke out in laughter.

"I just mean he's not particularly loquacious," Hermione explained. "Mostly he watches me study. It's a bit annoying actually. You are trying to figure this egg out, aren't you?

"What's that supposed to mean?" Harry asked.

"I mean these tasks are supposed to test you, in the most brutal way, they're almost cruel. And, um, I'm scared for you. You got by the dragon mostly on nerve, I'm not sure it's going to be enough this time."

"Hey, Potter!"

The three of us turned around to see Cedric Diggory walking down the bridge as Harry sighed.

"Cedric?" Harry asked as he walked up to him. Hermione and I looked at each other.

"Well, I'm pretty sure we're supposed to leave now," I grinned before linking my arm with Hermione's. "Let's go."