4.5 dance practice

Y/N's pov ϟ

"Hi Harry!"

I turned around to see Cho and her friends giggling as they walked by our table.

"Uh, hi Cho?" Harry responded.

Cho smiled widely as her friend nudged her in the arm. "I was wondering if I could talk to you. Meet me in the Astronomy Tower at 7?"

Harry turned to look at me before replying, "I'm sorry?"

"Are you free, today at 7?" Cho repeated as her friends started giggling again. I rolled my eyes and turned to grab another slice of toast.

"Uhm, sure. I'll see you then," Harry said curtly before turning around to grab the toast out of my hands. I looked to my right to see Cho and her friends walking away, whispering happily. 

Harry opened a packet of jam and began putting it on my toast. I watched as he handed it back to me, covered with strawberry jam.

"Here."

I took it from his hand while he maintained eye contact, grinning slightly. I grinned back as I bit into it.

Hermione sighed as she put down the newspaper she was reading. "Y/N, look what they're saying about you! I can't believe that cockroach Rita Skeeter!"

I put down the toast and grabbed the newspaper out of her hands, unwrapping it. Right on the front cover was the picture of Harry and I hugging in the tent, next to the picture of Louis and I laughing in the courtyard.

I started reading out loud. "Miss Tipnesse, a plain but ambitious girl seems to be developing a taste for famous wizards. Her latest prey sources report that it is none other than the handsome Beauxbaton prince, Louis Martin. No word yet on how Harry Potter's taking this latest emotional blow."

I slammed the newspaper on the desk. "This is absolute bullshit. I don't even like-"

I was cut off as a shrill voice echoed in the halls.

"Mr. Weasley! Parcel for you!" We turned around to see Nigel running down the Great Hall, holding a box that was a little too big for his body.

"Oh. Thank you, Nigel." Ron grabbed the box and started to unwrap it. Nigel stood next to him, expectantly waiting for something while smiling at Harry. Hermione cleared her throat as the three of us stared at him.

Ron stared up at Nigel before nudging him away. "Not now, Nigel. Later."

Harry looked uncomfortable as he started picking at the eggs on his plate.

"Go on." Ron nudged Nigel a little more aggressively this time and he ran off.

Hermione looked at Ron expectantly, waiting for him to explain.

"I told him I'd get him Harry's autograph," Ron mumbled as he ripped off the wrapping paper and opened the parcel. "Oh look, Mum's sent me something."

He pulled out a long brown gown, collared with light red fabric, as his face scrunched up. "Mum sent me a dress?"

"Well it does match your eyes. Is there a bonnet?" Harry asked sarcastically as I made an attempt to hide my laugh, failing miserably. He reached into the box and pulled out a white piece of fabric with a black bow attached to it. The table snickered as Harry put it on Ron's head.

"Put it down, Harry. Ginny!" Ron called out while making his way over towards the other end of the table. "These must be for you."

"I'm not wearing that. It's ghastly!"

Hermione laughed out loud at Ron's confused face. "What are you on about?" he exclaimed at her.