2016 Raphael x Reader: When You Think of Each Other

You were on the rooftop of your apartment complex once again. You were looking up at the sky. The one thing you didn't like about New York is that there were never any stars. But you were still gazing into the sky, enjoying the peace and quiet. You had a rough spat with your parents yet again.

They always have insisted on you becoming a doctor, pushing you to be just like them. No matter HOW many times you had tried to tell them you wanted to do something else, it just was back to square one. They never understood why you were so in love with music, but some things just can't get through to someone.

You were still salty about the argument, but you were also salty that you hadn't seen Raphael in about a week. You sighed and decided to write a song. While you were seeking ideas, you thought of Raph.

"Should I write a song for Raph? Would that be weird? What if he doesn't like it? You thought. You figured that it'd be fun to at least TRY.

~Meanwhile with Raphael~

Raph was doing some pushups, still angry with Leo. He had gotten into yet another argument with Leo. So while he was working out, he suddenly thought of you. He thought of your beautiful hair and the way you played your guitar. He stopped and sat down. While he was stuck thinking about you, he decided he would do something nice for you.

He originally thought of knitting you something. But he didn't think he was ready to let you in on his little guilty pleasure. So he looked around and took a long look at the punching bag he was previously beating. Then, he got an idea.

~Meanwhile with you~

As the final notes on your sheet music were written, you exhaled. You had been working on this song for at least a few hours. To say you were tired was a bit of an understatement. So you decided to check your phone. You unlocked it and saw a notification from Raph. You smiled.

"Hey, WYD?"

"Not much. Just got done making a song."

"And yet you call that not much? :o"

"WBU?"

"I was... making u smth"

":I???
Really?"

"o.o maybe?"

"What a coincidence! I was making you a song! O:"

"O.o"

"Wanna meet up and show off our gifts :DDD"

"Sure, see ya in 10"

"kk"

When Raph got to the rooftop, you both hugged and he had a small box with him.

"What's in the box?" You asked, curious killing the cat.

He smiled and handed it to you. You looked at it for a second, before opening. Inside, was strawberry cupcake. It was decorated with white frosting and red sprinkles. Your eyes widened. You looked up at him, noticing the nervous expression on his face. He wanted you to taste it. You smiled and picked it up, taking a big bite out of it. But as you chewed, you noticed that there was a bitter taste to it. The bitter taste only got stronger as time had passed.

You choked it down and looked up at Raph.

"Raph, did you put sugar and flour... or salt and salt in this?" His face took to one of shock. He clearly remembered something. You laughed and grabbed him by the hand.

"Come on, we can make some new cupcakes. Then after that, I'll show you my song." He nodded and you both went down to your apartment to get started on those cupcakes.

When you both were done, you went back up to the rooftop. You held up your cupcake. "A toast. To good friends." "Cheers." You both then took bites out of your cupcakes. When you finished them, you then busted out your guitar. You tuned it and began playing a soft but cool tune. You then started singing your song for Raphael.

When you finished, you opened your eyes to see Raph smiling wide enough to give the world a hug. Sadly, the moment had to end. When you both said goodbye, you promised to hangout again soon.

When Raph got back to the lair, he felt his heart flutter and he practically skipped to his shared room with Mikey. He was in such a good mood that he didn't even glare or grimace at seeing Leo.

You were also in a good mood afterwards. You had completely forgotten about your fight with your parents. You only felt the sweet feeling in your heart and you went to bed, dreaming of Raph. But little did you know... that he was doing the same for you.

To be continued...