2016 Raphael x Reader: First Meeting

It was incredibly  late at night, around 1:30 in the morning when you were out on your apartments rooftop. You often spent nights up there, blaring your music and playing your electric guitar for all to hear. Some nights, you'd fall asleep up there cause it was so comfortable. You could say that you were a rebel. Your hair was a fair shade of brunette and it had streaks of rainbow colors in it. Your hair was also cut to your neck and was shaved on one said, so you straight up looked like a metal singer. Though to be fair, you kinda were. You moved to New York to get a job as a singer and song writer, and even bought yourself a brand new electric guitar. It was a blood red with black sparkled across it.

With a smile, you looked up at the stars and laid back. As you were enjoying the scenery, you were suddenly interrupted by a gruff, Brooklyn accent on the other side of the rooftop. "Stupid Leo, where the HELL does he get off with this crap?!" He said as he leaned against the doorway. You couldn't really see him because you were a big distance away and he was covered in shadows. You were about to say something, when a loud banging was heard in his direction. You assumed he might've punched the wall or something cause of how frustrated he was. He froze for an uncomfortable amount of time, and you stood. You think he might've seen you cause he started to turn around and walk away from you. "Hey! Are you okay dude?" You yelled out. He stopped. He looked back at you and spoke. "Yeah." "You sure buddy? Sounds like ya hit your hand pretty hard. I can help!" You said as you walked closer. "That's not a good idea." "Why not?" He was silent for a second or two, before he spoke in a hushed tone. "Cause you're gonna be scared..." You scoffed at the thought and walked closer. "Please, I've seen plenty of things in my life. So I defiantly won't be.... scared..." you said as you looked up at him.

Raph was waiting for it. He was waiting for it to come. For the screaming and the insults. For the fainting or running away. But it didn't come. Instead, you reached forward and grabbed his hurt hand. You examined it gently, not wanting to hurt him. "It looks a little purple right here." You said as you pointed to the quickly forming bruise on his hand. Raph remained silent. "Oh! Hang on, I got an idea." You then ran back to your side of the rooftop and grabbed a cold apple juice bottle from your bag, and ran back over. You placed the bottle on his hand, and he groaned lightly at the cool touch on the bruise. "Sorry. You're gonna get a small bruise tomorrow, but it'll go away as long as you keep it cool." "..Thanks.. How are ya not scared?" You chuckled at his statement. His voice was so deep it made your knees weak, but you somehow kept yourself standing. You look back up at his emerald eyes, and felt a slight heat on your face. "You're not normal. I'm not normal either. Look at me, I'm not your typical preppy and bitchy girl. But I like that about myself, who said being normal was a good thing? It's boring as hell in my opinion." He smiled and nodded. "You're not wrong at all."

"Hey, ya wanna hear me play my guitar?" You suddenly said. You and Raph had sat down towards the edge of the building and start chatting about random things, when you popped the question. He looked at you and smiled. "Why not? Go ahead."  He said as he turned to fully face you. You grabbed your guitar out of it's case and plugged it and the amplifier in. Once you were set, you started playing Super Psycho Love by Simon Curtis. You even sang the lyrics, which was fun. You weren't one to play for an audience, but this was different. Playing the guitar for someone who was like you. Different. It felt refreshing to play for someone who was also different. Who was also considered a freak by others. Sadly, the song had to end. Once you finished, you looked back at Raph, and he had a stunned expression on his face. You chuckled and waved a hand in front of his face. "Hey, you okay Raph?" He snapped back to reality and smiled widely. Something told you that he was one to not smile often, but when he did, it was special. You almost felt honored that you could make him smile. You chuckled and sat back down. "I getcha, I know I suck." "No! That's not it at all!"  He said as he put a hand on yours. You looked into his eyes and noticed just how nice they looked when the glistened in the moon light.

"That was awesome! No way in HELL I could play like that." "Well, yeah. Cause ya only got six fingers." You said playfully. He glared at you and you giggled. You playfully punched his shoulder. "Oh come on, I'm jut teasing. But thanks." "Where'd ya learn to play like that?" He said. You looked forward at the bright and beautiful city before you two, and spoke. "I don't know. It's an instinct. When I was a kid, I'd listen to music all day everyday. I would do an air guitar to my favorite parts and constantly tap my fingers like I was playing the piano for ballads. Music is really the main reason I'm still alive. My mom and dad wanted me to be a doctor like them, which is how I knew what to do with your hand. But I just couldn't find the fun in that stuff. Music taught me that I was different, and it also taught me that there's nothing wrong with that. It's... my life really. Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?" You said when you looked back at Raph. "Not at all." He said as he held your hand in his. You intertwined your fingers with his and smiled. Even though it pained him to say it, he spoke. "I gotta go. Leo will kill me if I stay out any later." He said as he stood up. You stood up as well and smiled. "Alright tough guy. Here, you want my number?" You didn't wait for a response as you handed him a business card with your name and number on it. He took it and smiled. You then gave him a nice hug. Before he could react, you pulled away and grabbed your bag. "Talk to ya later Raph. Be sure to beat those foot clan members into the ground for me the next time ya see 'em." He chuckled and nodded. "Not a problem princess. See ya." He then turned and ran off into the shadows.

To be continued...