Donnie x Reader: Sacrifice

I'm not sure if this'll be a oneshot made for all of the turtles or just Donnie, but regardless, I might as well make it. Hope you enjoy!

You laid in a bed in Donnie's room in a coma. You've been asleep for over two weeks now, and Donnie was right there the whole time. He always sat right next to you, waiting for you to awake at the moment. 'How did this all happen?'  He thought to himself.

~Flashback~

You and the turtles were fighting against some Kranng bots in a hosting situation. At first, things were going smoothly and no one was getting hurt. But then... something happened. A Kranng bot with a large sword appeared behind Donnie in an attempt to stab him. "Donnie! Watch out!" You yelled. Out of instinct, you went between the two of them, and took the stab wound for yourself. "Y/n!!!" Donnie shouted! He then caught you as you fell backwards. To him, the rest was fuzzy, but his brothers said that he must've taken out at LEAST 10 or 15 Kranng bots.

~Timeskip~

It's been over 3 weeks since you went into a coma, and Donnie was REALLY starting to lose his marbles. He refused to go on patrol, in the slim chance you'd awake while he was gone. While not eating or sleeping seemed normal for him, what really worried his brothers and father was one simple fact.... the fact that he also refused to go into his lab. He only spent all of his time in his room with you. The only person Donnie actually spoke more than a few words to was Sensei. He knew he could trust his father. Donnie at the moment left you alone to go to the restroom, and when he exited, Splinter had also left the dojo. "Hello Donatello. How is Y/n?" Donnie somewhat flinched at the mention of your name, but he somehow held his composure. "She's still sleeping." He said in a monotone voice. "My son, why don't you take a break? Your brothers are worried about you, as am I."

"I can't. I can't leave her alone." "Would you like to talk about it Donatello?" Donnie sighed in response and walked over to Splinter. He led Donnie into the Dojo, and they both sat down. "I just don't know what she was THINKING! I could've handled myself, but she could've gotten herself killed INSTANTLY!! I hate the fact that she did that." Splinter stroked his chin in response, and was silent for a second, and then spoke. "Do you perhaps know why she had done it, Donatello?" Donnie was taken aback by this question, but shook his head. Sensei chuckled. "She did it because she's in love with you, Donatello." Donnie's eyes widened and Sensei chuckled, but Donnie didn't get the chance to respond. Mikey burst into the Dojo and yelled out, "Guys! Y/n's awake!!!" "What!?!?" Donnie jumped up and hurried into his room. "There, inside his bed was you. Your eyes were barely open, but were awake alright. "Y/n!" Donnie yelled. He shoved Mikey away from you and grabbed your hand. "Dude!?" "Y/n! Are you hurting anywhere? Are you okay? Can you speak?" Donnie began shotgunning you with questions, and you smiled. You put a finger on his lips as to quiet him. He stopped talking within an instant and you turned to the others. "Guys, I think me and Donnie need to talk. Alone." You croaked out. The turtles looked at each other, and began filing out. Once they were gone, you looked back at him.

"I'm sorry Donnie. I know you're gonna lecture me on what I did, but I just want you to know I did it for a reason." You spoke. Donnie's eyes then flooded with tears and poured down his face. He put his head in his hands and sobbed quietly. "No Y/n. I should be the one who's sorry. I wish I could've taken it instead of you. I thought I lost you for good. I didn't realize it until you were almost gone but..." He looked up and locked eyes with you. "I love you Y/n. More than April, more than any other girl in all of New York. The fact you were willing to do that for me, means the whole galaxy to me." He said as he kissed your cheek.

By this point, you felt tears stream softly down your face, but you weren't sad. Not in the slightest. "Donnie." You pulled his face closer to your own, wiping a tear away from his face with your finger. "I love you too. I'd gladly do this all over again no matter what if it meant being here, right now, right here, with you. Despite all the pain I'm going through right now, I defiantly don't regret it in the slightest." You then leaned up with all of your whole strength and kissed him on the lips. It didn't matter how much pain you and him have gone through within the past few weeks, you both were beyond happy. And you both had a feeling it was going to stay that way for a long time.

The End!