Chapter 39

Mikaela POV

"Mimi hurry up we need to go!" Lila shouted behind my room door.

"I am coming Li! Don't be overly excited!" I said trying to tease her.

"Hahahah... As if! I just want to see my boyfriend kicking some ass today!" She said and I laughed at her silliness.

"Yeah .. you forget my boyfriend Li!" I said as I reminded him.

"Yeah .. ops! Sorry for that! I forgot your boyfriend is the quarterback!" She said sarcastically at me.

I open my door and she saw me. Her eyes went wide.

"Wow! You look beautiful Mimi. No wonder that quarterback is seriously pathetically in love with you!" She said playfully. And I snorted at her.

"Nah... Speaking of boyfriend. Do your Blake texted you last night?" I asked her as went to my car and drives towards the stadium.

"Yes! He said there are busy last night they keep watching the video!" She said as I watched her checking her phone.

Strange I secretly told myself. Damien did not send any messages to me nor call at me. It's unusual for him to act like that. Because no matter how busy, he will always have spare time to talk or message me.

We reached down the venue and climbed out from my car. I feel something weird today. But I just shrugged at it.

As we get inside there's a lot of people are already waiting at there seat to start the game. Lila and me took sit where we can easily spotted our boyfriend.

All of the sudden, I heard Lila screech voice.

"Tell me Mimi. Is it my eyes playing tricks on me? Or I just saw a familiar figure jogged his direction towards us" Lila elbows me lightly. As she pointed out the figure that seem to be familiar to me.

"Hey... I never thought you will come at watch me play!" Marco said while smiling at me.

Both me and Lila looked at each other and gawked at him.

"What are you doing here Marco?" Lila asked him

"I am playing Li! Oh my brother is also in the team. Want me to call him?" He said and Lila eyes grow wide.

"No no no! Don't I don't want to see his face!" Lila said as she vigorously shake her head.

"Come on Li. Are you still holding grudge about him buying you 3000 tube of Nutella in our high school!" Marco said and Lila glared at him.

"Can you please stop talking about it. And how come you play football? I thought you likes books?" Lila asked confused at him .

"Well there are many things you didn't know about me. And one of that is football. I just don't joined in high school because I am busy chasing at one certain girl only!" He said while looking at me. Which didn't missed by Lila since she look at me confused.

Then the whistle blow indicating the game is about to play. He jogged off away from us but before he can get far from us he shouted.

"Mimi cheer on me. I will be playing quarterback!" That makes me throw my head down and groaned painfully as if I am being beaten by hundred people.

"Just kill me Li!" I said to her once I recover from the unexpected events.

"Oh I never been surprised by it. That guy had been constantly looking at you in highschool like a crazy creepy idiot. It's just you didn't notice him at all!" Lila said to me and I look at her confuse

"Am I really that oblivious?" I said to her more like to myself.

"Yes my dear best friend!" She sarcastically said to me.

"No wonder that's what he said to me yesterday!" I said to her.

"You saw him yesterday?" She asked me shocked.

"Yeah... He texted me and said he wants to meet me and talked about something!"

"And???" She furrowed her brows indicating me to continued.

"You know the past story about me and him right? He reminded me About it. And I said no! He didn't take it good. He said things like I didn't toke glance at him back then. He said he likes me before. I feel confused about it!"

"Wow! Then did he still wants to marry even though you said no to him?" She asked me.

"Yes! He said my parents knowt about this that's why they came insisted this scheme to happen!" I groaned as I pulled my hair in frustration.

"Then what happen? How about you and Damien?" She asked me all the sudden.

"What? I don't have plans marrying Marco ok? Anyway, my parents didn't know about me having boyfriend. I need to tell them in person!"

"Tell me honestly did Dami is one of the reasons why you didn't want to marry Marco?" She said to as she makes me look into her eyes.

"Hmmmm!" I nodded and said to her softly.

"Good! Dami is better than him any way! Though that guy is hot now! Look! Dami and him have battle!" She said while pointing at the two guys who occupied my mind.

"I think something is off of Damien!" Lila said . Truthfully yes, he seem to be different. He doesn't play the same not the usual self. I try to catch his gaze but it seem his trying to avoid me. Why?

They ended, winning the game. Despite the poor performance from the quarterback. It's a good thing that Blake is on the mood.

Both Lila and I stand up, we went to the locker room of the boys.

I saw Damien sitting in the bench while his head bend down. I tap his shoulder and he looks at me. He faltered his gaze at me.

"What happened??" I asked him. "Something wrong?" I added.

"Can we talk?" He said and I nodded. We went outside where the field secluded area.

"What the?" A voice that came from behind us. Before we could finally settled in the bench at the secluded area.

"What are you doing here?" I asked Marco.

"So is he the reason? Did you parents know about this? Of course not!" He said as he laughed fakely at me.

"Don't you dare say this to my parents!" I hissed at him but he just gave me a " dare me!" which makes me panicked.

I don't have intention to stay my relationship in the dark without my parents knowing. I just want to say it to them personally. For me it's important to say this while we face each other so I can explain everything to them. But not this way! Especially came from Marco. What would that idiot would say to my parents?