-never be alone

"I can't Newt, I can't"

"Make Amends! Repent for what you did!" The words tore out of him, his whole body trembling. Then his voice dropped to an urgent, harsh whisper. "Kill me, you shuck coward. Prove you can do the right thing. Put me out of my misery."

The words horrified Thomas. "Newt, maybe we can-"

"Shut up! Just shut up! I trusted you! Now do it!"

"I can't"

"Do it!"

"I can't" How could Newt ask him to do something like this? How could he possibly kill one of his best friends?

"Kill me or Ill kill you. Kill me! Do it!"

"Newt..."

"Do it before I become one of them!"

"I..."

"KILL ME! And then Newts eyes cleared, as if he'd gained the last trembling gasp of sanity, and his voice softened. "Please, Tommy. Please"

"With his heart falling into a black abyss, Thomas pulled the trigger"

Y/n slammed the book shut throwing it to the bottom of her bed.

"Oh my God, I can't believe Newts dead" She sobbed, tears streaming down her face.

She laid her head down onto her pillows balling up underneath the covers as she cried herself to sleep.

Y/n opened her eyes finding herself laying on a make shift cot on the floor of a kinda poorly built room which more or less looked like a shack. She rubbed her eyes looking around confused because this surely was not where she had fallen asleep at.

"Good morning love, bout time you woke up" She set up quickly confused by the voice the rumbled from the chest her head was apparently previously on.

"Newt?!" Y/ns stared at him in disbelief brushing his hair out of his eyes, mainly as a way just to touch him to make sure he was real.

"Y/n?" Newt mocked her, laughing at her silliness.

"You're alive?" The y/h/c girls eyes filled to the brim with tears threatening to spill from her eyes.

"But you died? Thomas killed you, I read it. How? Newt you aren't even real, I wish you were but your fictional. How are you sitting in front of me?" She shook her head in disbelief not believing the gorgeous sandy blonde boy was less than two feet away from her.

"I know love, I know. This is just a dream" He reached out to rub her hand consoling her gazing sweetly into her y/e/c eyes.

"A dream?" Newt nodded his head. "Then that means, I'll wake up soon and you'll be gone" He nodded again looking down at the blanket underneath them messing with the beige fabric.

"Well just let me hold you for a little longer now" She turned leaning back into his embrace, her head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around her frame.

"I wish we could stay like this forever, but I can't stay." She sighed burying her head farther into his bare chest.

"Well take a piece of my heart and make it all your own so when we are apart you'll never be alone" He whisper into her hair before pressing a kissing to the top of it.

"Im going to miss you so much, god fictional characters are the worst. The things I would do for you and so many others just to be real"

"I know love and I will miss you too. But when you miss me close your eyes, I may be far but never gone. Just know you'll never be alone"

"I'll never be alone" Y/n repeated closing her eyes and holding 'The Death Cure' close to her chest.