-before you go

The world stopped. Chills ran down her body and her knees grew weak there was no way she had heard them correctly. 

Y/n shook her head slightly laughing thinking this had to be a very cruel joke, "What?" 

"Newts dead Y/n. He jumped of the maze walls..." Minho trailed off. "Im sorry. I know how-" 

"Can I see him? His body I mean. Please, I have some things I need to say" She begged him as she whipped tears of her face with the back of her hand. 

"I don't know if that a good idea" Minho tried to reason with her but gave up when he saw the look on her face knowing this is a battle he would not win and one he didn't even want to have right now. 

So he took her to the med jack hut. The group parted ways letting the two walk towards the bed where Newts lifeless body laid. 

"Can I be alone?" Y/n asked and everyone left not before saying their sorry and how they'd be here if they ever needed them. But she didn't want them she just wanted Newt. 

Her y/e/c scanned over his body and face. Even in this circumstance she still thought he looked so beautiful, he looked so peaceful and not in pain. 

"Im sorry that every time you wanted to talk that it was never the right time" Y/n whispered wrapping her hand over the top of his freezing cold one. 

Y/n was talking to Gally about him building this private bathroom for her when Newt walked up to his girlfriend wanting to speak to her. 

"Hey Y/n can I talk to you for a moment?"

"Not now Newt, Im busy. Ill catch you later okay?" She replied not bothering to look at him.

"But its import-" Newt tried to tell her that he really need to talk to someone, mainly her, about what was going on inside his head. 

"Later okay?" Y/n gave him a small smile and kiss on the cheek before walking off with Gally. 

Now there never would be later. The time went little, by little, until there was nothing at all. 

"I hate you. I can't believe you would do this. No goodbye, no letter, no last kiss or hug. You just left me." Y/n slammed her hand against the bed sobbing getting up from the chair storming out of the med jack hut past the group of people tears streaming down her face.

A few days later...

"I said I hate you but I was just kidding myself. If anything I hate myself for not doing anything. Was there something I could have said to make your heart beat better?" Y/n leaned against the maze wall he had jumped from holding onto Newts jacket bring it up to her nose to smell the last of his scent left on it. 

"Our every moment, Ive started to replace. Cause now that you're gone all I head are the words that I need to say

Y/n was leaning against a log at the bonfire just watching the flames. 

"Hello love, care to dance?" Newt held out his hand before jokingly bowing making Y/n fake swoon while giggling. 

His arms wrapped around her waist, hers around his neck while her head laid on his chest. 

"Newt?" Y/n called his name making him hum in response. "Thank you"

"For what? I didn't do anything silly" 

"I know, I just really love you and wanted to say thank you being hear and being the best thing that has every happened to me. Im glad you are hear with me through everything. So please do leave..."

"Im not going anywhere love" He whispered into her hair tears prickling his eyes as he kissed the top of her head.

"I wish I would have actually said that. Instead of just standing there and dancing. I wish I told you how much I needed you and how much you meant to me. Maybe you'd still be here if I told you how much I loved you" Y/n spoke remembering that memory but changing the ending it to what she wish it was. 

"Everyone keeps telling me that time will heal, but I know that this won't. Nothing could ever heal the piece of me that jumped with you that day. I feel like half of my heart is missing Newt I will never get that piece back, never get you back" 

"So before I go... Was there something I could have said to make it all stop hurting? Because it kills me that your mind made you feel that worthless

Y/n stood up bring the jacket to her face one last time, the scent of him now completely gone. She brought it to her lips planting a kiss onto the peach coloured fabric before leaving it on the the ground next the wall.

"I wish I could have talked to you one last time before you went..." 

--------

Please check up on your friends and family before its too late. And please always be kind you never know what someone could be going through. If any go you ever need someone to talk to my inbox is always open. ily.