-newts not immune

Minho stepped aside as he saw Y/N bursting toward Newt. Thomas looked up from his spot next to his friend in confusion. Without saying a word, Y/N grabbed Newt's collar and lifted him up to his feet. The three boys, and those around them, were surprised Newt was off the ground so easily.

"You're not immune?!"
He closed his eyes and sighed. "Please, love-"
"No!" was the shouted response, "How could you keep this from me? Why wouldn't you tell me you weren't immune?"
"Because I knew you'd do this," he sadly retaliated.
"I'll damn well do what I want! Keeping that from me wasn't protection!"
"Neither was telling you!"

The two fell silent. Y/N licked their lips and glanced down. The others took this as a cue to leave the pair alone. Newt eyed his long time love carefully. He understood their feelings; he was just as angry as they were that he wasn't immune. To know was rare and was information he didn't know what to do with. Y/N may not be able to feel his exact level, but he knew they could empathize. After all, they loved him back.

Newt stepped forward and grabbed their hands. He rubbed his thumbs over the knuckles.

"Hey," he cooed, "look at me."
Y/N glanced up. He offered a smile of comfort, eyes meaning everything he was going to say.
"As long as we're together, it won't matter whether or not I'm immune...because I won't leave you, Y/N. Ever."

They bit their lip as their eyes welled up. They pulled him into a hug, clutching him as close as possible. Y/N buried their face into his neck, a few tears slipping out.

"I'm not leaving you either, you bloody idiot."

Newt let out a brief chuckle before tightening the embrace.