-our little secret

The first thing you remembered when you woke up in the Box in the middle of the Glade were two names. One was a boy name, John, and the other was a girl name, Y/N. You instantly knew that your name was Y/N but for some reason John stuck out in your head. When the rest of the boys had found you in the Box and never mentioned that it was strange you were a girl did you piece it all together. Your hair was cut short into a pixie cut, your clothes were baggy and would much more befit that of a male figure than a female's, and you had a binder wrapped around your torso, concealing your breasts and flattening out your chest.

Whoever put you there obviously wanted you to be disguised as a boy, although you had no idea why. Maybe it was so you could blend in better amongst the other boys. Which you had, for a while in fact. It had almost been a full two months of you parading around as some boy named John. A full two torturous months stuck as being pushed around and treated as any other boy and a full two months of having to smell awful. You had hoped that if anyone ever did find out about your secret and they were kind enough to not throw you out into the Maze, that they would let you have a bit of extra time in the showers.

"Hey, John," You looked up from the spot in the ground you had been digging into at the Gardens and glanced up at Newt.

He was blocking the sun's path and it's radiating heat rays. You let out a sigh and wiped the sweat from your forehead. Was it so wrong that every time you saw Newt you paid attention to all the small things about him? Like his accent, the way his lips curled into a smile, his messy hair, and the way his muscles moved when he worked. You often thought about what it would be like to kiss him but then scolded yourself for even thinking that. Newt was your friend and he didn't even know who the real you was.

"What's up, Newt?" You asked, trying to act nonchalant. You always had to lower your voice when you were around the boys, which was annoying.

"You've been working pretty hard all day. Why don't you call it a day and get yourself cleaned up?" Newt suggested.

"You sure?"

"Yeah," he said, nodding. "You're one of the best workers here. You deserve a little break."

You didn't protest that. You did like working in the Gardens but, then again, work was work. You straightened up and smiled at him. "Thanks, dude."

The way you said it sort of came out of your mouth awkwardly. It was enough for Newt to laugh and look at you with a grin but it made you blush as red as the tomatoes that grew in the Gardens. You flashed him a quick smile before scurrying away, toward the Homestead. You were covered with dirt and sweat and couldn't wait to peel off the heavy clothes and binder. Your alone time was precious time. You were humming to yourself as you walked along the creaky wooden floors to the old showers and shut the door behind you. You were quick to shed your clothes and turn on the tap, making the cool water wash down on you. You were usually quick taking a shower, but this time you had spent a little longer. When you were done and had shut the water off and was drying yourself off, you heard the faint click of the door as it swung open.

"Oh- shuck, sorry! I didn't think anyone was in here still."

You jumped at Newt's familiar voice and yelped, quickly trying to cover your naked torso with the towel but you knew it was too late. When you spun around to look at him, you found him already gawking at you with wide eyes and a gaping mouth. This was it. He had seen you; he knew you weren't a boy. You had been doing so well too at concealing that fact and it just had to come crashing down in under a minute. It didn't even bother you that he may have possibly seen your bare chest but it didn't matter either way. Underneath the binder and baggy clothes, you had a curvy body that was unmistakably a girl's.