-someday we'll be bigger

Thomas, the small 10 year old boy followed behind Dr. Levitt who was leading him to a floor he had never been to, floor 9. Thomas took one step out of the elevator and heard the screams of kids his age making his skin crawl and the urgue to run back through the door ran through his body but his curiousity was stronger.

The young boy stopped in his steps when a kid ran out of the room to his right, he was asian with messy black hair, maybe a year older than Thomas and he had a white bandage wrapped around his head while one side was no longer white due to the boys blood seeping through.

"Dont let him take you in there! They put stuff in our heads! They said it wouldnt hurt but it does!" The boy screamed making Thomas just stand their and watch him now even more fearful to walk into the room.

"Minho stop it!" A woman yelled before placing a needle into his neck immediatly making him calm down. Two doctors grabbed his arms and drug him out of the room his feet dragging across the ground behind him.

'Minho' Thomas thought to himself. Now he had known two names, Minho and the girl in the room next to his Teresa.

"Thomas" Dr.Levitt called his name snapping him out of his thoughts. "He had a reaction to the medicine he doesnt know what hes talking about" The man shook his head before gesturing Thomas to take a seat on the bed.

Thomas set on the bed playing with the hospital gown the doctor had given him. Dr. Levitt was messing with something intently on a screen when Thomas heard almost a whine coming from a bed beside him that was seperated by a curtain. He looked from the doctor to the curtian and in only a second he was off his bed and looking at the boy lying on the bed.

He was about the same age as Thomas, he laid on his beck with his sandy blonde hair stuck to his forhead as he was asleep and he had the same bloody bandage Minho had on his head. Thomas stood there until he felt a hand ruffly grab his arm pulling him away from the boy, but not before he could see a certain thing on the screen at the end of his bed.

'Newt'

Thomas stood there not listening as the doctor lecture him on how the boy could get infected when he heard the ear peircing scream of a girl. Dr.Livett and Thomas made eye contect waiting for someone to make a move but by the time the doctor moved the young boy was already out of the room.

Thomas stood and watched as a young girl a year old then himself with h/length h/c thrashed in the arms of the doctors screaming for them to stop. His feet moved before his brain could think and he was in front of one of the doctors before shoving them back trying to get them away from the young girl. The doctor looked at him in amusment before shoving him back making Thomas fall onto his butt sitting on the ground looking defensely at the girl who had a small smile on her face.

The girls e/c eyes locked with his whiskey ones as she whispered something only he could hear.

"Goodnight Y/n" The doctor Thomas had shoved said before sticking a needle into her neck putting her to sleep.

As they drug the girl out of the room like they had done with Minho only moments earlier, two things stuck with Thomas about the girl beside the obvious fact that she was the prettiest girl he had ever seen.

Her name, 'Y/n' and the one sentence she whispered to him that he could never forget, 'someday we'll be bigger' and for some reason that one line gave him hope.