-most beautiful ones

I set down at the edge of the water, the water washing over my feet. I just looked out into the distance thinking about everything we did to get here.

I looked to my right and saw the rock, I walked over to it reading the names and tracing my finger over the familiar ones.

"Alby, Winston, Chuck, Teresa" I paused not wanting to say the name of my best friend, the first person to make my feel like I belonged in the glade, the one who loved me.

He was my best friend, he was my first love and he- I couldn't save him after everything he did for me I had one simple job and I screwed it up.

"Why?!" I screamed not caring if I woke anyone up. I punched the rock, "they didn't deserve this!" I yelled again, hearing commotion up there by the huts.

I punched the rock again and again until my hands were so cut up and bloody.

"Hey! Hey!" I heard Vince scream and run down with other people.

"This isn't fair!" I screamed punching it again even though my hands were in so much pain, but no physical pain could ever compare to my emotional one.

Someone grabbed me and pulled me into their arms, "shhh y/n" they whispered to me, calming me down.

"I miss him so much, I just want Newt back. He didn't deserve this" I cried into their chest.

"I know y/n, I know. We all miss him" I realized it was Thomas holding me in their arms with Fry sitting beside him and Minho rubbing my back.

"I can't live without him. He was my everything" I pulled back to look at them.

"Come here" Minho said opening his arms and holding me.

"Trust me y/n I know how you feel I've know that shank since I came up in that box three years ago, he was my best frand. Yeah he may have been a slinthead a lot but I would have died for him in a split second." Minho whispered in my ear.

"Yeah y/n Newt sure as hell was bossy but he always tried to make people feel included and wanted the best for everyone. He was the best one out of all of them in the glade and I know he wouldn't want you to cry over him" Fry told me rubbing my arm.

I calmed down and was looking back out into the water with Minho sitting beside me. Thomas and Fry had gone to bed when I calmed down.

"Why do the best people always die?" I whispered not taking my eyes off the water.

"Because when your in a garden which flowers do you pick?" Minho asked me looking at me.

"The most beautiful ones" I whispered back still staring off into the never ending ocean.