Epilogue

[twenty four hours]

L A U R A

// 12:47pm //

"Laura." I hear a faint voice say.

"Laura." The voice gets louder.

I felt something touch my shoulder and it seemed to shake me. Whatever it was it wasn't moving from my body. That voice kept repeating my name over and over again. It was like an annoying alarm that wouldn't turn off.

I opened my eyes slightly and saw someone bending down in front of me. They had a look of concern across their face. Once the blonde in front of me saw my eyes open they stopped saying my name but their hand didn't leave my shoulder.

I felt so exhausted it was a struggle to keep my eyes open. I don't remember the last time I got a good night sleep. It'd been like this for months now and it was only getting worse.

"Hey Laura." The person bent down in front of me spoke softly.

I looked around a bit, maybe there was some news. Everything looked the same though. Surely there would be more commotion if something happened, good or bad.

"Did something happen while I was sleeping?" I ask, my voice still croaky from my nap.

My body started to ache everywhere, this happens every time I fall asleep like this.

"No." They look down disappointed. "Still nothing."

"Oh." I tilt my head up then look down again.

"I woke you up because you look exhausted. Go home and get some proper sleep."

"I'm fine." I lie.

I see the look on Rydel's face. I knew she didn't believe me. I know I can't keep lying to myself but if I leave and something happens... I cut my thoughts short, I don't want to think about it.

"Maybe later, I'm just going to get some air first." I tell Rydel.

Her face instantly lights up. Even though I wasn't actually going to go home once in a while I would tell them I would just to get them of my case about it.

I walked through the halls as if they were my own. This place is pretty much my home at the moment. I look at the walls and I know every detail of this building. I wish I didn't but I can't change the past.

I walk out to my favourite spot to sit. I shouldn't have a favourite spot but I'm here so often that I do. It's this little garden area. It has some benches and tables you can sit on but no one really comes out here. I go to my bench and sit down like I've done everyday for the last couple of months. It's under a tree in the furtherest conner. Even though it's under a tree you still get some sun on you, maybe that's another reason why I picked it. Even when it is covered the light finds a way to shine though and I guess that's the way I like to think about this situation.

I stretch out my body to relive some of the pain from earlier. I shut my eyes and replay my dream from earlier in my head. This isn't the first time I've had this nightmare. These dreams with Noah happen almost every night and I don't know why. They all go the same except they're slightly different. Today's dream I was waking up like the morning this all happened. These dreams are real life situations but with the wrong person. All these things that I dream have happened but not with Noah.

I've only seen Noah once since that night I walked in on him getting yelled at and discovered that Noah had left me for Becca. It's not like I even talked to him. He was here with Becca and he didn't talk to anyone. Becca's come a few times but only once with Noah. The last I heard they were getting married.