Chapter Eighteen

R o s s

Laura was really starting to worry me. She couldn't even speak properly. She said something about the night then the morning after. Oh no what if she's pregnant and Noah left her because of that. I'm probably just jumping to the worst possible sernario.

Laura is sitting there with her eyes squeezed shut. It looks like she is turning pale. I didn't mean for her get like this. I would never intentionally hurt Laura. I place my hands in her hands. This causes her to open her eyes. I could see the tears waiting to come out.

"If this is really making you uncomfortable you don't have to tell me whatever you were going to say." I tell her trying to calm her down.

"No I can tell you." She says. She takes a deep breath.

"I woke up one morning to find Noah gone, as well as all of his belongings." Laura says slowly. I tear fell from her eye.

I couldn't believe what I just heard. That asshole left Laura, literally, and ran. How could he do this? He said he didn't want to hurt Laura by telling her about him and Becca, I think what he did would hurt her enough. How could that fucking low life prick say he doesn't want to hurt Laura but then leave without a goodbye?

I immediately pull Laura into a hug as she starts to let the tears fall now. I can hear her sobbing quietly. I don't want to see Laura in this pain. I want Laura to feel as happy when she saw Noah standing outside their apartment with flowers. God it would kill her if she knew the truth. I thought I better say something to calm her down. Her crying was getting louder. Not that I minded, it's just I don't want her to be upset.

"I know things are bad now but they will get better. Things always get better." I say attempting to calm her down.

"I know but right now everything sucks." She sobs.

I really can not fucking believe Noah. He has some nerve seeing me knowing what he did to Laura. Becca better have nothing to do with this. I thought she was alright.

I can't stand to see Laura so upset for another minute. I am going to Becca's place right now. I bet Noah is there since he doesn't actually have a place to live right now. I start thinking out loud without realising it.

"That's it I'm going to Becca's and I'm going to-" I get cut off by Laura.

"Why would you be going to Becca's?" She questions.

I now get up starting to look for her keys.

"To have a little talk with Noah. Now where are your keys?" I ask.

"Why would you go to Becca's to see Noah?" Laura asks cluelessly.

I realise what I said. Oh shit, oh no! I can't believe I said that. Great what am I going to do? One part of me wants Laura to know but another part doesn't because I can't bare to see her so missable.

"Where are the keys?" I repeat brushing her off.

Laura sniffles. She slowly stands up and starts walking over to me. I have my back to her but I can see her out of the conner of my eyes. Laura sniffles again.

"Ross why would you need to go to Becca's to see Noah?" She repeats again.

Her life is over in 3, 2, 1.

"He kinda maybe might be staying there because Noah and Becca kinda maybe might be back together." I say slowly.

My back is still to her. I shut my eyes and wince waiting for her reaction.

"Oh." Is all I hear.

Oh? What doesn't that mean?

I turn around to see her looking at the floor. I don't know what to do. I don't know what I would want if I was in her situation.

I do the only thing I know how. I hug her. I hold her tightly in my arms until she is surrounded by me. I feel like I should say something.

"I'm so sorry Laura, I didn't mean for you to find out like this." I say soothingly.

"I guess I would have found out sooner or later." She says sadly.

I'm not letting Noah get away with this. I am going to Becca's right now and having a word to him.

"Come on let's go." I say while dragging Laura to the door, picking up her car keys on the way out.

Laura stops us just outside her apartment.

"Where are we going?" Laura asks confused.

"I just want to go see someone, no big deal." I tell her.

"Then why do I need to come?" She questions.

"I'm not leaving you along like this!" I say like it was obvious.

"Now lock the door and let's go." I command.

Laura knew she wouldn't get out of this so she agreed and locked the door.

I decided to drive because Laura wasn't in any state to drive and she wouldn't know where to go anyway. We finally got to Becca's and I turned off the car.

"Do you want to stay here?" I asked Laura while turning in my seat.

"Yeah but don't take too long, okay?" She says while leaning back in her seat and closing her eyes.

"Okay, I'll be right back." I tell her before quickly heading up to Becca's apartment.

I always liked her apartment. It's the only one in the building and it's in quite a good spot too.

I can here laughing coming from inside the apartment. That made me even more angry. I knock on the door loudly. It goes quite for a second then I hear some giggles. I can hear footsteps coming to the door and then Becca answers the door. She had a robe on and her hair was a mess. She looked at me confused.

"Ross what are you doing here?" She asks.

"I want to talk to you." I say causally.

"Can't you come back tomorrow? It is quite late." She tries to change my mind.

"Why? It's not like you were asleep or anything." I say annoyed.

"Well I have company so.." She trails off.

"Even better." I say while walking in.

I make my way to her couch and sit down waiting for her to join me. She follows me confused and a bit shocked. She's just about to sit down when just the person I was looking for walks in.

"Becca who was at the door?" Noah asks Becca while walking to us.

He freezes when he sees me.

"Oh hey Ross, what are you doing here?" Noah asks nervously.

"I just want to talk to you and Becca if you don't mind." I say calmly.

On the inside I was fuming. I may be smiling to them but I was really pissed off. My hands were making fists. I had to sit on them just to stop them. Noah was only wearing underwear. At least he was wearing that I thought to myself. They both sit down in front of me.

"So what's up?" Noah asked still scared.

"So I was just with Laura." I start off.

Noah's face dropped and he looked terrified.

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //