Chapter Thirteen

L a u r a

I stood there in shock. I didn't know what to do. Should I cry? Should I get angry? Should I try and find him? So many thoughts were running through my mind. I sat on my bed, taking in what happened. I couldn't cry, I was too surprised that this had actually happened to have any reaction.

I decide to look around the apartment looking for something, anything, that would give me a clue to why or where Noah has gone.

Nothing. There is nothing, literally. Everything he owns is gone and there is no sign of why or where. Do I call him? Well what do I have to lose? I lean against my bedroom wall while I dial his number. It doesn't ring at all. It says this number no longer exists. Did he change his number? I slide down the wall and my phone drops out of my hand.

I am finally in silence. Yes it has been quite this whole time but I was too busy worrying about Noah. There were too many thoughts going through my head to let me be at peace for a second. Now I know that he is gone my mind is at rest, it is silent. This whole situation has settled in and I begin to cry.

It started with one tear. That's always how it starts. One by one more tears started to pour out of my eyes. The hot tears running down my face. I didn't understand, how could I? I thought everything was fine. I sit there crying and praying this was just a dream or some kind of joke but I think that in a way I knew that he was never coming back. Was this relationship that bad? How could I have be completely oblivious?

The tears are coming less frequently now. I wipe my eyes with my hands. My sight was completely blurred. I try breathing in and out to calm myself down.

"Okay Laura, calm down. Everything will be okay. Everything will be fine." I say to myself out loud.

I pick up my phone to look at the time. It reads 1:47pm. I get up and drag myself to the bathroom. I look in the mirror and wished I didn't. My eyes were red and puffy, my cheeks were stained with tears and my hair was a mess. Instead of drying my eyes with a tissue I decide to get in the shower. It won't fix my problems but a lest I can relax for a minute or two.

I ended up crying the whole time in the shower. I finally got out because there was no point in being in here if it doesn't make me feel any better. I don't bother doing anything with my hair I leave it down, unbrushed. I automatically grab a shirt and underwear. It's what I normally sleep in if I'm not bothered wearing my pyjamas.

I hop into bed and lie on my side of the bed. I face the side that Noah would be on. I start to feel sad so I turn around and I find myself staring straight at a photo of Noah and I. I smile at it. It was when we went to mini golf and Noah kissed me for the first time. We met this nice old couple there, before the kiss. They asked if we wanted a photo and we said yes. I remember the old man saying this will be the first one of many, he was right.

Noah didn't know about this but the old mans wife pulled me aside and asked me if I thought he was the one. We played along that we were a couple because we didn't have the heart to tell them we weren't after they made such a big fuss about us being together. I shrugged as my response. She asked me when I'm with him do I never want to say goodbye. Would I rather spend every minute with him. Even if we weren't talking but just being in each other presences was enough. I thought about it for a bit and replied yes. She then told me that I will know that he is the one when I feel the same way in years to come. I guess I didn't really feel as strongly as I did back then. Before they left the old lady said that we were a really cute couple. I can't stand looking at the photo anymore. I slam it down on the bedside table causing a cracking noise. I squeeze my eyes shut and try to escape this nightmare. I finally fall asleep.

/ /

It had now been two months since Noah left and I think I should probably start to live again. I've excluded myself from the outside world. My friends have tried to call me but I decline every time. Last night was when I realised that staying in like this isn't helping me at all.

I was sitting on my bed alone starring at that photo I slammed down the day I found out he left. All these memories were coming back to me. Every kiss, touch, laugh. I couldn't escape it. I was trying to figure out how this whole mess happened. I got so angry that I knocked the photo from the bedside table to the floor. In the process it flipped over and sledded across the room. Glass was everywhere. It was already cracked before now it was completely broken. I saw his face. I saw my face. I saw us, together, happy.

Tears where coming from my eyes now. It was like the pain was all coming out. Everything he left was coming out in tear form. How is it fair that he gets to live a care free life somewhere and I'm still here suffering. That's when I realised there was no point on me staying here in pain. He wasn't coming back, he never was.

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //