Chapter Twenty Six

R o c k y

I blinked my eyes open a couple of times, they were slowly readjusting to the light. I looked over my room. Yep, everything looks the same. I close my eyes again taking a deep breath. I subconsciously reached for my phone, touching the air and random places of my bedside table before feeling my phone. I looked at the numbers on the screen it read: 11:06am, I guess this is a normal time for me to wake up. I placed my phone next to me and I quickly lifted my blanket off me. The cool air hit my body I flinched a little, getting taken back by the surprise. I tiredly pulled myself up and sat on the edge of the bed for a few seconds before quickly standing up. As I walked to my bathroom I could feel my head becoming light. Once I got to the basin I washed my face with cold water letting it wake me up. I looked up at the mirror and there I was, same old me, same old Rocky.

I looked down at what I was wearing. It was just a simple white top with a lame pattern on it. I looked further down to my grey sweatpants I had gotten water on them, great. I examined my face and I decided I liked my look. I pride myself on being original. I didn't want to just do want everyone else does and follow the crowd. I remember that was one of the things Laura pointed out when we first met. I was interrupted by my thoughts when I heard noises coming from down stairs. What was that? I heard it again, laughing, it was defiantly someone laughing. I think I know who that laugh belonged to and I'm not sure how I feel about them being here.

I'm not ready to go down there yet. So I go back to my room and lay on my bed and think. So this thing with Laura. I guess I need to let it go. If Ross and her are going to date again. I never like going to much into this memory. I'll see how much I get into today without needing to stop.

So it was back in high school. I was a sophomore and it was Laura's first year of high school. I saw her in the hallways and she was lost. I went up to her to help her, okay I went up to her because I thought she was cute. Anyway things were going good when someone called her name and she had to go. She left a book behind by accident. She must of dropped it, I looked in it only to see if there was a name in there. There was a name, it said Laura. Then Ross came up to me and tried to annoy me. I didn't see Laura until later that week.

I got a detention, I know not the best way to start the year. I'm not going to go into detail about how I got it because that's not important right now. Anyway so I'm sitting there in detention and I was the only one I would say because it was the first week back but who knows. The teacher went to do his own thing. I guess they trusted me in here, I don't know why.

Then when I thought the teacher was back Laura walked in. She had that same lost look on her face.

"I wouldn't pick you as someone who gets detentions." I said.

"What? I'm not. I was told I could do some extra work in here." She replied.

"Why are you staying back to do extra work? Not that any things wrong with that, it's the first week."

"I'm getting picked up late today and I thought I would put my time to good use, and not that there's anything wrong with this, but why are you in detention. It's the first week." She said using the same words I said to her.

"That doesn't matter and just so you know it wasn't my fault." I defended.

"Sure it wasn't." She laughed. I will always remember that laugh.

"I like your laugh." I told her.

"Thanks?" She sounded confused.

"It's a complement. Anyway, most people go to the library to study after school. You can stay here though, I don't think the teacher would mind." I said.

"Where is the teacher?" She asked.

"I have no idea but I think it would be fun if you stayed."

She thought for a bit.

"Live a little. The worst that's going to happen is the teacher asks you to leave and don't worry I have your back. It will be two against one." I tried to persuade her.

"I don't think it works like that with teachers." She stands her ground.

"Come on Laura."

"How do you know my name?" She questioned me.

"I heard your friend say your name the other day when we were talking in the hallways." I explain to her.

"What do you say, Laur?"

She flinched a little when I said Laur but then smiled straight after.

"Why not?"

She came over and sat next to me. That was a great afternoon. We decided to to sneak out to go for a walk around school. It was going good until the teacher who was meant to be in detention saw me. We started running away. I told Laura there would be a door coming up at the next turn and we were going in there. Once we got in there we tried to stay as quiet as possible but it was hard because we both could not stop laughing. Then I did something I'd been thinking of doing since I saw Laura. I kissed her. I still don't regret doing that. It didn't last every long because the teacher must of heard us laughing and he was banging on the door. I told Laura to run and I would stay back and distract the teacher. At first she wouldn't let me take the blame but I got my way in the end.

"Good luck." She whispered before I opened the door and she ran off.

I talked my way out of another detention and I refused to get Laura in trouble so I pretended I didn't know who she was.

Laura and I saw each other every Thursday after that. I would stay back and we would hang out until she got picked up. It went on for about two months. It wasn't going anywhere though. She knew that and I knew she wanted something. I didn't see Laura besides Thursday's. It's a big school and we were in different years. One Thursday she wasn't there. I went home after waiting to find out she was Ross' girlfriend. I don't think she knew we were brothers because she seemed shocked to see me walk through the door. I pretended to be cool about it but Laura and I never spoke about it. I didn't mean for things to be awkward between us when I saw her again. The whole thing was years ago now I really shouldn't hold onto it.

After reliving that memory I thought I better go down stairs.

/ / / / / / /

Fun fact: the first two paragraphs in this chapter were the first ever thing I wrote when I decided to write a fan fiction. I didn't really know what I wanted to write about but that's what came out.

Another fun fact: I wrote that on the 23rd of July. That was a couple days before I even wrote the first chapter of this story.

I hope everyone is enjoying this story. I'm enjoying writing it. Don't forget to vote and comment!

Until next time...

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //