Chapter Forty Nine

R o s s

I wake up and look over to see Laura asleep next to me. I smile to myself. She looks so peaceful and at rest. I close my eyes and lay with her not wanting to move. I lay like this for a little bit enjoying being so relaxed. I felt movement and I open my eyes to see Laura waking up. I love how unaware of her surroundings she is when she first wakes up. She looks up at me to see with one eye closed and the other eye squinting because of the light. She looks away again and stretches.

"Ahh." She says after stretching. She gets back into a comfortable position.

"Good morning." She finally says.

I look at her amused. When I don't reply she looks up at me.

"What?" She smiles thinking somethings happened to explain my amused look.

"Nothing, I'm just smiling because of you." I tell her.

She looks back down. "Why?"

"I love the way you wake up." I reply.

"Okay weirdo."

It looks like she is still tired because she is shutting her eyes to go back asleep.

"Do you want me to make us some breakfast and I'll come get you when it's done?" I ask her.

"You start and I'll be there in a minute. I'm getting up now." She lies.

Yep. She is so tired.

"Okay I'll meet you in the kitchen." I say but I don't even think she heard me.

I look to see what breakfast food we have. I can cook but I'm not amazing so I settle with bacon and eggs, something simple. Surely I can't go wrong with that.

I was almost done with breakfast when Laura finally made her appearance.

"Hey, I was just about to come get you." I say setting plates down.

"Did you say something to me this morning?" She asks me confused.

"Yeah I told you I'd make breakfast for us."

Laura looks like she remembers me saying something like that.

"You told me to start without you because you were getting up."

"Oh." She laughs.

Laura sits down and looks and all the food and takes in the smell.

"Mmm everything smells amazing."

"I hope it tastes as good as it looks." I say sitting down with her.

I was right everything was delicious. I think both Laura and I could agree on that one.

"I could not eat another bite if I tried." Laura barely gets out while sliding back on her chair and rubbing her stomach.

"I agree."

We stay like this for a little bit waiting for the food to go down in silence. We didn't need to talk we could just sit there in silence perfectly fine.

"You cooked so let me do the dishes." Laura speaks while standing up and putting the dishes together.

"No we can do it together, it will be quicker."

"Okay." Laura shrugs.

"Please don't fight for doing the dishes by yourself." I say dramatically.

"Oh sorry." Laura says unaware.

"It's okay, really." I say with that same dramatic tone.

"Ross, I didn't realise you-" I cut Laura off.