Chapter Thirty Seven

L a u r a

I woke up wrapped up in someones grip, it was Ross'. I smiled to myself and stretched trying not to move too much. I didn't want to wake him up because I know he likes his sleep. I couldn't get out of Ross' tight grip so I tried to fall back asleep but I couldn't. I let out a groan in frustration because I suddenly needed to pee. I looked over at Ross again and slowly tried to get out of his grip, I was successful. I went to my bathroom and took this time to wash my face and sort of bring myself together. When I returned back to my bedroom Ross was still asleep. I hadn't woken him up which I was glad about. I know when Ross was gone I wasn't sleeping great so I could only imagine how he was doing. I went to the kitchen to make some breakfast.

When I got there I started to think about the past week, it made me realise a few things. I want to talk to Riker mainly to thank him but also because I want to clear some things up. After I over heard his conversation with Rocky it made me realise that what I was doing, what we were doing, it could of been taken differently if you didn't know the full story. I was too embarrassed to face him after that but I want to clear things up with him because I worried what he might say to Ross. Nothing happened with me and Rocky, although something probably could have, and of course Riker was the one who stopped us almost every time. I don't want to hurt Ross anymore and I think if Riker tells him something he thinks he saw then I'll not only lose Ross but ruin his relationship with Rocky.

When Ross was gone yes there were some times when I got lost in the moment but I never did anything. I still would never do anything. It's hard because every time I look at Rocky it's like I'm locked in his stare and I can't escape. I think I just need to stay away from him. When Ross goes home I will have to take him regardless because I bought him here then I will talk to Riker and stay away for a while.

"Hey." Ross says awkwardly interrupting my thoughts.

"Hey." I say back going up to kiss him but he turns his head so my lips end up on cheek instead of his lips. I frown in confusion.

Why did he turn his head? I thought we were okay after last night I thought everything was back to normal. He seemed fine last night why was he suddenly acting so distant?

"Are you okay?" I ask concerned.

Maybe he's not feeling well?

He nods looking everywhere in the room but at me then walks over to the kitchen bench and away from me.

What is up with him? He wasn't acting like himself and he was dressed and he looked like he was planning on leaving. He never usually gets dressed when he stays over until he leaves.

"Ross what's going on?" I go over to him and put my hand on his shoulder.

He immediately turns around so my hands comes off his shoulder.

"I have something to tell you." Ross finally speaks.

He takes a few steps away from me and still doesn't look at me.

"I'd never thought I say this again. It's actually quite hard to say." Ross says.

"You can tell me anything, you know that right?" I remind him.

Ross finally looks at me but then quickly looks away. He sits down and I join him but he still doesn't look my way.

"I don't think I will ever stop loving you Laura." Ross tells me.

"I feel the same way." I say relived. If he starts off with that whatever he has to say can't be that bad.

"Ever since I was fifteen I've loved you." Ross speaks again. He seemed distracted when he was talking. I didn't say anything because it seems like he wasn't finished talking.