Chapter Nineteen

L a u r a

It had been fifteen minutes since Ross went up to talk to his friend. I wonder what friend it is. I met quite a few of Ross' friends when we dated. A big part of that was because we went to the same school so I would see them around. I have a feeling this friend might be Becca, but I'm hoping it's not and he randomly needed to see another friend at one in the morning. But I wouldn't hold my breath.

Another five minutes had gone past and still no sign of Ross. How long was he going to be? It was in the early hours of the morning and I am really tired. Maybe I should go check on him. He said he would be right back and it has been twenty minutes.

I decided I would go check on him because I don't want to wait any longer. I didn't even want to come in the first place. I just want to go home and go to sleep! I really hope that Noah isn't there and he is just talking to Becca or another friend. At this point I'm to tired to care. I'm just going to hope for the best.

I walk up to the only apartment in this building. I could hear shouting coming from behind the door. Oh no. Without thinking I ran to the door and opened it. I stood there in shock. I see Ross extremely angry, shouting at Noah. Noah looks terrified. It doesn't look like he was fighting back. Then there was Becca standing in between them but more on Noah's side. She was trying to calm Ross down by the looks of it. She was clutching onto her robe pretty tight. Almost like she didn't want it to come the slightest bit off her. Noah was only wearing underwear. I looked at Noah and Becca and how she was holding onto him. Then the reality of this it hit me.

I kind of gasped and let go of the door handle. They all looked over at me. Noah's face dropped while Becca still looked worried. Ross froze, he didn't move. He was like a statue. He stood there looking at me with his mouth slightly open still in shock. I look to the floor. This is too much. I shouldn't have come up, I should have just waited for Ross to come out himself.

"Uh, I'll, um, be waiting in the car." I mumble.

I quickly run off. I make my way to the car. I hop in and take in what I just saw. My breath was heavy. I blink a few times before a few tears run down my checks. I flick my eyes over to the building and see Ross running over to me. I wipe my checks because I don't want him to see me like this.. again.

He rushes over to the car but once he sees me in the car he slows down a bit. I was still in the passengers seat, I was in no state to drive. Ross gets in the drivers seat and blows out a big breath. I could see Ross in the corner of my eye and I felt bad for him. It looked like he was trying to think of a way to comfort me. It looked like he was going to speak a few times but he ended up just driving back to my place in silence.

Once we get to my apartment we sit in my car until Ross speaks up.

"I'm so sorry Laur, I didn't want you to see that or for you to find out the way you did. In fact I wish this whole night didn't happen. Well actually just the end of this night." Ross gushes out.

I let out a little laugh. Not because I found something funny though.

"You called me Laur, you haven't called me that since, well for a long time." I say explaining my laugh.

"I hope it's okay, it just sort of slip out." Ross says with a some what apologetic tone.

I know why he would be asking my permission to say that. I remember Ross called me Laur at the park the last time we saw each other.

"Laur.." Ross said softly.

I shook my head. "Please, don't." I said with tears running from my eyes.

I guess now he doesn't know if he is allowed to call me that.

"It's fine and I'm fine. I know you're trying your best to look out for me. I really appreciate it Ross." I say gratefully.

Ross smiles. He looks down and looks back up. It looks like he's going to say something else but then he doesn't say anything.

"Let's go back upstairs. I'll make you a hot chocolate, just the way you like." I offer him.

"Sounds good." He replies.

Ross gets out the car and runs around to my side to help me out of the car. I didn't know he was going to do this so I was already half way out the car, but I still appreciated the gesture.

As we were walking up to the apartment I could see Ross catching a few quick glances. Finally I looked back and smiled.

Once we got back inside I went straight to the kitchen and Ross followed behind.

I started making us hot chocolates when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I turned around and Ross pulled me into a hug. I relaxed into it. It felt nice to feel the warmth from someone again. It almost felt, right? A lot has happened tonight. I could just be liking this because I don't want to feel alone. You know what Noah's moved on why can't I?

I pull away from Ross leaving him confused because I did it in such a sudden way. I start to lean in, standing on my tippy toes because of the heights difference. Our lips connect. It starts with a sweet little kiss but then it starts heading in another direction. A minute in and neither of us were pulling back. Ross lifted me up into the kitchen counter as we continued to kiss.

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //