Chapter Ten

B e c c a

I'm walking through the streets at night. Why am I doing this? Should I turn back? No. I'm only seeing what they want. I'm not doing anything wrong.

"Becca!" A familiar voiced yells.

I look up and see Ross waving at me. I guess I can make a quick stop. I'm already running a little bit late. I was undecided on if I should even come tonight. I decided to go but I was still unsure.

I walk up to Ross and give him a quick hug.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I ask.

"Oh I was just.. dropping, uhh, Laura home." He replies clearly upset.

Ross instantly tries to perk himself up.

"I could say the same for you." Ross says with a bit more happiness in his voice. I knew it was all forced but I decided not to question it tonight.

I glance over to the building where I was meant to be right now then back at Ross.

"Oh I was just taking a walk, you know clear my head and all that." I say trying to hide every unhappy emotion I feel right now.

He nods slowly before he speaks again. "I was just on my way to your place actually. Do you think we could go there now I need to talk to you." Ross says emphasising the need.

"Of course we can." I smile at him. I dart my eyes over at the building once more before leaving.

We don't speak much in the car. I was mainly thinking about what happened tonight, or should I say didn't happen. What should I expect though. Did I really think they would be there begging and pleading for me. No, of course not. This is reality Becca. Stupid reality ruining everyone's lives.

I look over to Ross. He is gently nodding his head and taping his hand on the steering wheel to the beat of the song that was playing on the radio. I look back to the window. Should I tell him about tonight? I question myself. It's not that I don't want him to know. Just not right now. He'll probably ask a million questions. I'm not ready for that yet.

Once we get to my apartment we both collapse onto the couch.

"So..? What happened with you tonight?" I ask Ross.

"Laura and Noah are a thing." He says plainly.

"WHAT?!" I nearly yell.

"Yeah they live together too." Ross continues.

He's so into what happened that he doesn't notice I reacted a little too much on what he said, phew.

"Really?" I tone down my reaction this time.

Ross goes into more detail about his night. Sounds rough, although my night wasn't that flash either. Ross doesn't need to know that though, he has enough on his plate.

"Whats got you so glum. You're not your usual self." Ross questions with a hint of playfulness in his voice. Even though his question is completely serious.

"Oh nothing you need to worry about." I say trying to reassure him.

Ross readjusts himself on the couch so he is fully facing me. He puts his hands on my legs as he speaks to me. His face is only inches from mine.

"Anything you need, I'm here." Ross speaks slowly as if I won't understand it if he went too fast.

I start to smile without helping it. We look into each other's eyes. Soon my smile fades. We both look at each other with complete seriousness on our faces.

Our lips roughly meet as if they have been wanting to for years. Ross' hands makes their way to my face to ensure I couldn't pull away. I wasn't planning too but it's like a security. We pull away catching our breath before quickly reconnecting our lips. The kiss deepens becoming more heated now. I lean back on the couch, Ross following after.

After some time I come back to reality. I push Ross away and sit us up right. He looks at me confused. I stand up leaving Ross even more confused.

I grab ahold of his shirt and give it a light tug. Ross understanding what I'm doing now. I make my way to my bedroom, Ross following close behind.

/ / / / / / /

Sorry this chapter is so short. I've been working on it for a couple of days trying to make it longer. I wanted to save what is going to happen for the next chapter. So I'm going to post two chapters instead of one longer one.

Until next time...

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //