Chapter Eight

L a u r a

I woke up on the couch. It was dark outside. What time is it? We must of fell asleep, whoops. I look over at Noah. I realised in the shower that the past is the past. There is a reason it's the past and not the present. I'm with Noah and that's the way it will stay.

Noah looks so peaceful. I tried to be as quiet as possible. All I had was the light from the T.V to help me see. I grabbed a throw rug from the couch and wrapped it around me. I tip toed to our bedroom. I checked the clock for the time it was only 8:30pm. I got some clothes from the wardrobe since my ones from earlier were all over the lounge room floor.

I decided I would surprise Noah. I'm going to cook him dinner for when he wakes up. I presume he would be hungry because I know I am. I start to make pasta. While I wait for the water to heat up I clean up at bit. I close the curtains and turn on a few lights so I can see. I pick up our clothes and put them away. I turn off the T.V then make my way back to the kitchen to finish making dinner.

I was just about to serve up dinner, Noah was still asleep. I'm not surprised he didn't wake up though because he has always been a heavy sleepier. I got the table ready then went to wake Noah up.

"Noah, Noah, wake up Noah." I gently say.

He slowly opens his eyes. It shouldn't be too bright in here because I only put one lamp on.

He looks at me still half asleep. He sits up not too fast then looks around a bit.

"What time is it?" He asks in a sleepy voice.

"It's nearly 9 o'clock. I've made us dinner come on I bet you're hungry." I answer.

He follows me to the dinning room. He glances down at the food and looks pretty pleased.

"Mmm pasta." He mumbles.

We both quickly eat our dinner filling our hunger. There wasn't much dishes because I was cleaning as I went when I cooked. Noah offered to do the remaining dishes and told me to go have a relaxing bath.

"I don't need a bath, I had a shower before." I tell him.

"Just go have one. It's not to clean you it's too relax you." He insists.

"Fine." I say.

I go to get ready for my unneeded bath while Noah finished off those dishes.

Just as I hop in the door opens. Noah walks in with a smirk on his face.

"What do you want? I'm trying to have a relaxing bath." I say trying not to smile.

"I need to join you." He says very seriously.

"Oh this is why you wanted me have a bath isn't it?" I question him.

He acts defended. "I told you to have one to get relaxed, I need one to get clean." He says playfully.

"Well there is a shower right there." I say while pointing over to the shower.

He shakes his head. "Oh I don't think so." He says to me.

He was only wearing a shirt and boxers but now they where on the floor... again.

"If you're going to be in here you can at least do something productive." I say now getting a smirk on my face.

"What do you have in mind?" Noah asks.

"A massage would be nice." I say but it sounded more like a question.

"Sure." He whispered into my ear.

After our bath we watched a movie. We couldn't decide between Just My Luck and Crazy, Stupid, Love. We ended up watching both. We weren't tired after our little nap we had earlier.

After the movies we collapsed onto our bed, both exhausted from the day. Noah rolled over to me.

"Goodnight beautiful." He said to me sweetly.

"Right back at you." I said sleepily. I was already half asleep and I didn't know what I was saying.

Noah put one arm around my waist and pulled me close to his body. I fell asleep in his arms.

/ /

It had been a couple of days since the whole "ex" thing. Everything is going good, I guess.

I was going to get a coffee and maybe something small to eat. I was meant to meet Noah here but he texted me saying that something came up and he couldn't come. I was already half way there so I just went alone.

I went in and ordered my coffee. I was looking at the food they had. There was a chocolate chip muffin that looked pretty good so I got that as well. I collected my coffee and muffin and just as I turned around I bumped into someone. I dropped my coffee and it spilt everywhere.

"I'm so sorry, let me buy you another one." A familiar voice pleads.

I look up to find myself locking eyes with... Ross?

/ / / / / / /

I want to thank everyone for over 100 reads. It might only seem small but it means a lot to me.

Until next time...

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //