Chapter Forty Five

R o s s

I can't believe it, Laura and I are moving in together after how many years? Four or something like that. It's crazy, but all so worth it. We've done all the paper work on our side and everything but we are waiting for it to go through. For once everything seems like it's going okay. Laura's meeting me here later today because she wanted to buy some certain type of rug or something. To be completely honest I have no idea why I needed to be there but I figured it would be easier not to complain.

I heard a knock at the door and I figured it must be Laura but she's a little early.

I open the door and it isn't Laura, it's Becca?

"Hey, um what are you doing here?" I ask confused.

"Thanks, it's nice to see you too." She says sarcastically walking straight past me and letting her self inside.

"Please come in." I say shutting the door.

"Sorry I wouldn't come here unless it was important." There was a way that Becca said that which made me realise she was serious.

"Is everything okay?" I ask concerned.

"I, I don't know. That's why I'm here." She tells me.

I motion her to take a seat on the couch. We both sit down. I look at her worried not knowing what's going on.

"It's Noah." She lets out.

I let out a loud breath to prove a point that I was annoyed.

"No surprise there." I say bitterly.

"Ross.." Becca pleads.

I roll my eyes before speaking.

"What trouble has he caused this time?" I ask her uninterested. I know I should be concerned about Becca but it's hard when it involves Noah. He still hasn't apologised for anything he has done.

"I'm worried about him." She tells me.

"Why?"

"I'm not even sure. He hasn't been acting like himself and I don't know who else I can go to." Becca says slowly.

"How does this affect me?" I ask curiously.

"I wouldn't come to you about this unless it was really important, you know that."

She had a point. Becca knows I wouldn't help her with Noah if it was about something pointless.

"You have a point there.." I pause. "Okay so what do you mean he hasn't been acting like himself?" I finish.

Becca smiles at me gratefully.

"That's the thing he has just been acting different. It's just little things I've noticed. We've been fighting a bit lately and at first I thought it was nothing then I realised that we could fight over nothing. Then he wouldn't be home a lot, going to bed late, being distant, just little things like that." Becca explains.

I think about what this could mean.

"Remember the last time Noah was like this." Becca looks at me disappointed.

"You think maybe Noah has another girl in his life?" I ask hoping that wasn't the case.

As much as I hate Noah he was good to Becca and they seemed right for each other. Becca's been there for me and I would hate to see her get hurt.

"Well I don't think so." Becca pauses and hesitates before speaking again. "There might be one other girl."

I was about to answer her back but a knock at the door interrupted me.

"One second." I apologise.

That was probably Laura. I look at the clock hanging on the wall on my way to the door. Yeah that seems like the time Laura was meant to get here.

I open the door and I'm right.

"Hey." She greets me cheerfully.

"Hey." I greet her back.

We share a quick kiss before Laura walks inside.

"You're in a good mood."

"I guess there's somethings about seeing you that puts me in a good mood." Laura smiles.

She starts walking further into the house until I realise who was here still. I follow Laura and see Becca standing up and Laura standing completely frozen staring at her. We were all silent.

"I'm going to go now, I have somewhere to be anyway." Becca says starting to walk out the door. I could tell she was lying but I didn't call her on it.

"Wait." I call out.

She turns around.

"You never finished telling me what you were saying before." I walk up to the door where Becca was now standing.

"Oh that? That was nothing. I'm sure everything will be fine." Becca tells me.

I figure I would let Becca go because I know she won't say anything, especially in front of Laura.

"Okay as long as you're sure."

"Yeah, you go and have fun. I'll be fine." Becca leaves before I could say another word.

"I should have known." Laura laughs to herself.

I must of been off in my own daze because Laura snaps me out of it.

"What?"

I get worried what she could have meant by that.

"That's where you've been lately, isn't' it"

"I, uh, um.." I stutter.

I'm not really sure what to say to that. It's true but I can't tell if Laura's going to be angry at me.

"Why are you getting nervous?" Laura asks confused.

"What? I'm not! I didn't!" I lie, very badly.

"Ross she's your friend. I don't care if she's dating my ex." Laura laughs.

"You know if Noah didn't leave me I might still be with him and you know what that means? We might not be together now and that would be a huge mistake." Laura tells me.

She comes over and places her hands on my shoulders so I wrap my arms around her waist.

"I think that would have been the biggest mistake I've ever made." I whisper.

Laura looks around then back at me.

"Ross?"

"Yeah?"

She raises her eyebrow. "Is anyone home?"

"No." I reply.

We smirk at each other before she takes my hand and leads me up to my room.

Once we're in my room we get into a heated make out session but I remember something that makes me pull away.

Laura looks at me confused and a bit annoyed.

"What about the rug?" I ask her.

She looks and me and I can tell she doesn't care about the rug anymore.

/ / / / / / /

I've been thinking about this book and when I'm ending it and I think chapter 50 will be the last one. This decision still isn't permanent but I'm pretty sure that's when it's going to end.

I also just want to say I appreciate everyone reading this story so much!!!

Until next time...

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //