Chapter Forty Two

L a u r a

I'm excited because I get to see Ross again today. He went away with his family for Christmas and I stayed here with mine so I finally get to see him again. It's weird to think that we had just broken up this time two years ago. I was a mess. Then last year I was with Noah and now I'm back with Ross. I seriously thought that Noah and I were going to last, obviously not though.

Ross got in late last night so we both agreed that I'll come in the afternoon today so they can all get settled in.

When I arrive at the Lynch's I see Ross getting out of his car. Did he go out? He must of heard me pull up because he turned around and smiled.

'Hey." He greeted me as I was getting out of my car.

I excitedly walk over to him and immediately hug him. He must of been expecting it because he didn't seem taken back by the hug. I pull away to look at him. He takes the moment to kiss me. It was just a nice little kiss but it was just what I needed. We pull each other into another hug embracing each other just being there.

"I've missed you." I mumble.

"I missed you too." He replies.

We pull away and start walking to the front door.

"I want you to tell me everything." I say.

"Same with you, I want to hear all about your Christmas." He says back to me.

I smile at him knowing we'll talk inside.

"So where were you before, you just got here when I did?" I ask.

"Oh um yeah I was just catching up with uh.." The front door opened before Ross could finish his sentence.

"Oh hey guys, nice to see you again Laura." Ratliff says.

"Nice to see you too." I reply.

"I was just leaving but we all need to do something soon, all of us." Ratliff suggests.

"Yeah that sounds really nice." I smile.

"Well I have to go but I'll see you later." Ratliff walks off before either of us has a chance to say goodbye.

"I don't know about you but I could do with some food, you hungry?" Ross asks me while walking inside.

I close the door behind us.

"Yeah I could go with some food, what do you have in mind?" I ask him.

"Hmm I'm not sure lets have a look to see what's there." Ross says walking off to the kitchen and I follow him.

He looks through the food that's there, a couple times. I sit down on stool because he was taking a while and I wasn't overly fussed what we had. After another minute at staring in the fridge Ross shuts the door and turns around to look at me.

"I'm thinking of making a sandwich, what'd you think?" He asks.

"Mmm I could go with a sandwich." I reply.

We both pick out the things we want while catching up on what we did while he was away. Half way through making our sandwiches it came back on the conversation of what he was doing before I arrived.

"So you never finished telling me where you were before I came here." I say looking at him waiting for him to tell me.

"Oh right, yeah, forgot about that." Ross laughs.

I half laugh but really I just want to know. It's probably no that important but it's killing me not knowing.

"I was just.." Ross got cut off before he could continue, again.

I internally groan. He is always getting cut off.

His phone started ringing and he looked at it and then looked back at me.

"One second." He said apologetically then he went out the back to take the phone call.

I boast myself up onto the kitchen counter waiting for Ross to get back. I look down at my now finished sandwich and my stomach grumbles. I guess I'm hungrier than I thought. I look at Ross still laughing on the phone and then back at my sandwich. He won't mind if I start eating without him, will he? I decided that he won't care and take a small little bite out of my sandwich. It is so good that I can't help myself and I take another bite, this time I try and get as much as I possibly can in my mouth.

"Wow that's attractive." Rocky laughs while walking in.

I want to tell him to shut up but I can't because of all the food in my mouth so I just glare at him instead. He puts his hands up in surrender.

"I don't want no trouble, I just came here to get a drink." He defends. I could he was being his usual joking self.

I try to get a serious face but there was a smile coming on, I could feel it. I focused on swallowing my food first because I didn't really want to choke so I turned my head and looked away. When I looked back he was pouring himself a glass of juice.

"Do you want some to go with your.." He paused. "Whatever that was." Rocky laughs. He was holding the juice and waving it as to tempt me into having some.

"Sure, why not." I shrugged.

The bread didn't go down that well so I think I definitely need some kind of liquid. Rocky poured me a glass and then we both drank our drink in silence.

"I'll leave you to it." Rocky smirks at me then leaves the room.

I look at him confused and then I hear a noise behind me. I turn around to see Ross standing there smiling at me.

"What?" I ask.

"Nothing." Is all he says.

He walks over to me and puts his hands around my waist so I do the same to him.

"So I was thinking we take our food and go watch a movie?" Ross suggests.

"I like that idea." I say smiling.

We both lean forward and share a little kiss. We then grab our sandwiches and go to the couch. Ross laughs when he sees my half eaten sandwich. I cuddle up to him as we enjoy our movie.

As we're sitting there I remember Ross getting interrupted both times I tried asking him where he was. It's not that I think he has been up to something but usually he tells me. He was probably just with some friends or something and I'm over thinking everything. I just find it weird that he had plans with me and he came home almost not on time. I'll bring it up later, somehow...

/ / / / / / /

Since it is Ross' birthday I thought it was called for an update! I'll try and update before New Years Eve.

Until next time...

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //