Chapter Twenty Five

R o s s

Laura and I were enjoying each others company when we both heard a noise.

"What was that?" Laura whispers.

"I'm not sure." I whispers back.

Then someone spoke breaking the silence.

"Don't let me stop you."

I knew that voice.

"I was just getting some water before I went to sleep. I'm leaving now, please, continue." Rocky spoke.

We were both still frozen in that same position. I don't think either of us knew what to say to that. Rocky left and went back upstairs. I went to kiss Laura again but she hugged me instead. It wasn't a coincidence either. She knew I was going to kiss her but she didn't want me to? I hugged back and started to kiss Laura's neck she made an excuse to get up.

"I'm thirsty. I'm going to go get a drink."

I let her go and get her unneeded drink. Ever since she saw Rocky she has been acting weird. They were fine when Laura and I used to date and now suddenly they can't even be in the same room together? Did Rocky and Laura see each other before now? Did they see each other when we got back and something happen between them? I don't understand why they are acting this way. As soon as Rocky sees us kissing Laura can't kiss me anymore? That does not make any sense!

Laura comes back with a glass of water and sits down next to me. Of course leaving a space between us.

"What's going on?" I ask quietly.

"What do you mean?" Laura asks back.

"No, I have been ignoring the fact you have been acting weird all night. I want to know why. You were the one who was excited to come here and see everyone. The moment you saw Rocky you started acting strange. I didn't bring it up but now you can't even kiss me after him seeing us?" I let out.

Laura looked speechless. It looked like she was going to talk a couple of times but then she didn't, she stayed quite.

"Please Laura, go ahead, say something." I say to her.

"I don't really know what to say." She tells me.

"Is there something going on with you and Rocky?" I ask my voice becoming weak at the thought of that.

Laura shakes her immediately.

"No, no, of course not!" She confirms.

"Then why can't you answer me? Why don't you know what to say?" I question.

"It's a long story and I thought we were over it but I guess we're not. Just to clear things up though I'm into you." She tells me.

I nod my head to let her know I heard her. I didn't know how to respond to that yet. "I thought we were over it but I guess we're not." What is that suppose to mean? What happened between them? I guess I'm happy that she wants me so I don't have to worry about that. Whatever happened between Laura and Rocky is in the past, I hope.

"I guess you don't have to tell me anything if you don't want. I trust you." I say putting emphasis on the trust as a reminder that I trust her.

"It's not that I don't want to tell you. I don't think now's a good time. What about I stay here tonight and tomorrow we go out for lunch?" She offers.

"I like that idea." I smile.

I turn off the T.V and we go to the spare room so we don't have to share the room with Ryland. The spare rooms not so spare. It has junk everywhere. I guess that's what happens when you live in a house with seven people. There is a bed in here and that's all that matters. I strip down to my underwear and Laura does the same expect she leaves her top on.

"You don't know who could walk in here tomorrow." She explains.

We both get into bed. Laura cuddles up to me and I open my arms letting her in. We don't go to sleep straight away. We talk for a little bit and then we could not stop laughing about something I said. Laura rolls over to look in my direction, even though it's dark I can still see her a little bit. We both lean in and I plant my lips to hers. We share a nice intimate kiss. Finally after a little bit more talking we both fall asleep.

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //