Chapter Twelve

L a u r a

I walk back inside with Noah. Still amazed on how sweet he is. Just as I was about to get to the elevator I realised I never said goodbye to Ross, whoops. I didn't mean to forget him, I just got a little too excited.

I rushed outside as fast as I could hoping I would catch Ross before he left. I open the door excited because I could still see a car and a figure outside. I was about to yell his name when I saw him talking to someone. Was that.. Becca? Oh come on really?! I slowly went back inside without being noticed. I was peering through the window so I could see what happened between them. I was almost certain that they couldn't see me.

Becca looked my way and I quickly ducked hoping I wasn't caught. I slowly looked out the window again and saw Ross helping Becca into his car. Maybe he was just giving her a lift home? I watched them drive off continuing to stare out the window even though they were gone. Like if I stared long enough they would come back, even though I knew that wasn't happening.

Noah came over and placed his hands on my shoulders.

"You alright?" He whispered in my ear.

"Um yeah, I was just, I thought I left my, um, I'm fine." Is all I manage to say. I plaster a fake smile on my face.

"Okay." He says but it sounds more like a question.

"Let's just go to bed, I'm pretty tired." I say.

We walk back to the apartment in silence. Once we get up there I walk into our bedroom expecting Noah to be following behind but I don't see him. I walk out to find where he was. I see him siting on the couch.

"Aren't you coming?" I ask.

"Uh not yet. You go ahead I'll be in there soon." He replies.

I nod in answer.

I go back to our bedroom and do my nightly routine. I finally hop into bed and it felt so good. I wasn't actually tired. I just wanted this day to be over, so I told Noah that hoping we would just go straight to bed. Why didn't he come to bed with me? He always went to bed when I did. If you ask me Noah has been acting strange since he saw me. I told myself it was nothing and tried to go to sleep not wanting to think about it anymore.

/ /

It had been a couple of days since I last saw Ross. I hadn't heard from him, although I didn't really expect to because I never gave him my number. I wish I did now. It would of been good to see him and the rest of his family again. Now who knows if I will see him again. Why are my thoughts so consumed on Ross?

I start to think of Noah and how sweet it was for him to bring me those flowers a couple of days ago. He seemed so tense that night. I was asleep before he came to bed. On the surface everything has been fine with us but I don't know it's like his bodies there and his mind is in another place. Last night he surprised me with a home cooked meal. It was really sweet and thoughtful. It seemed like every time I had a doubt about him he did something that would change my mind. Which is fine, I guess.

I finally decide to get up. I was just lying in bed not wanted to get out of the warm covers just yet. I sit up in bed and look around the room. I start to frown, did Noah finally clean up? I get out of bed and walk out into the lounge room.

"NOAH?" I yell.

I waited for a response but nothing.

I walk around the apartment and no sign of him. Is he hiding or something?

"NOAH?" I repeat.

Once again nothing, just silence.

I go to my phone to see if he's left me a message or something but still nothing! I was just about to call him when something catches my eye.

I start to notice that the apartment isn't clean, it's empty. All of his belongings are gone. My phone drops out of my grip and falls to the floor.

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //