Chapter Five

L a u r a

I wanted the ground to just suck me up. I really didn't want to deal with this right now. I just saw my ex, Ross, walk through the door.

Why today? I just wanted to have a nice lunch with my boyfriend. The last time I saw Ross it didn't end well.

It's funny the smallest things have the biggest effect on life. What we started fighting about was stupid. We were going to go out to dinner and I asked him where we should go, that's how it started. Where we should go for dinner. The smallest thing. That was the question that started the fight that ended it all.

Looking back on it all now it's just one big blur but at the same time I remember every single detail of that awful night. After fighting for what felt like hours I couldn't take it anymore. I think everything we just ignored in our relationship finally came out. It wasn't pleasant for either of us. As Ross was there yelling at me I broke, I started crying. At first they were small tears but as time past the hot tears were streaming down my face. I grabbed everything and left without looking back.

There was one other time I saw Ross after that, the aftermath of it all.

We agreed to meet in the park a few days later. We barley spoke, it just ended in me crying. Ross asked what would happen now. I just responded with a simple "Nothing". Although there were tears flowing out of my eyes I looked emotionless. I felt emotionless. Not sad nor angry just nothing, almost numb. After I spoke I walked off without saying another word. Ross didn't call after me I guess he knew this was the end, I guess in a way we both did.

That was around Christmas time. So at least I didn't have to see him around at school for a little while I remember thinking to myself. He went to visit family a couple of days after we split. I later found out he dropped out of school and got homeschooled. Then he went traveling with his band and now I guess he's back. He had mentioned leaving school when we were together. He used to tell me I was the only one keeping him at school. I laugh to myself now about it. When we broke up he stopped having a reason to go so he left, he really did it.

All these thoughts were running though my head right now. Noah and I decided we would leave before either of them saw us. We both felt the awkwardness of the situation in the air. It was like the awkward air was suffocating us, we just wanted out. I glanced over to Ross. I saw him kiss Becca. Oh there a thing, of course I thought sadly. We were waiting for the check very impatiently.

"What is taking them so long?" Noah says. I could hear the anger in his voice.

I try to calm him down because the last thing I need was Noah making a scene.

"It's alright, I'm sure they won't be that much longer." I calmly say to him.

I quickly look over to Ross' table to make sure they weren't looking this way, big mistake! They must have spotted us because they were both looking in our direction. Ross and I locked eyes. It was like we were drawn to each other, I couldn't look away.

This is the part where I'm meant to wake up from my nightmare but no. This was real and I wasn't waking up anytime soon. This is just a big mess that no one wants to be in. I squeezed my eyes shut and turn my head. That is the only way I could look away.

Thankfully the check came. We quickly paid, grabbed our things then left not saying a word to each other. As we were waking back I let out a big breath.

"Wow." I say stunned.

"That was um.." Noah starts.

"Wow." I finish his sentence.

We walk back to our apartment in silence. It wasn't awkward silence but it wasn't comfortable either. I don't think either of us knew what to say. We finally reach our apartment.

"I'm going to take a shower." I stutter out.

Noah just nods his head as he turns on the T.V.

As I was in the shower I thought about everything. I thought about the past, what just happened and the future.

I realised what I wanted, it was so clear.

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //