Chapter Forty

L a u r a

"So you have some good news for me?" I ask hopefully.

We're both sitting on his bed and I'm really hoping for some good news. Before today nothing was going good for me. After what happened with Ross earlier I think that even if Riker's news wasn't so great I wouldn't care that much. I can't stop smiling. I thought I had lost Ross forever. I couldn't get his face when he said he thought he would come home to find me with Rocky out of my head. He didn't look like the Ross I knew. I knew then that I had really hurt him. I didn't intend to of course. Which made me worried that I could hurt him so easily without even trying.

"Kind of." Riker hesitates.

"What does kind of mean?" I frown.

"Well I've been looking at places for you because I know you want to live by yourself again." Rikers starts.

"Thank you so much. You didn't have to do that." I thank him.

"Don't get too excited. I have been looking but there isn't anything you could move into soon." Riker pauses.

"My suggestion to you, sort out what you and Ross are doing then look for a place, and if you two are together that week then maybe you could have a roommate because I presume you would need help with the rent." Riker says seriously.

I blush. He is right Ross and I have been a bit on again off again.

"I'll take your advice into consideration." I laugh.

"Good." He says in his serious voice again but then breaking and smiling.

I walk out of Riker's room and start walking down the stairs when I hear my name.

"Laura!"

I turn around to see Ross.

"I went up to my room instead of waiting for you downstairs. Did you call you mum? Ross asks.

"Not yet." I reply.

"You can call her in my room if you want." Ross doesn't let me answer he turns around and walks off to his room.

When I get into his room he is already lying down on his bed. I get my phone out and text my mum to tell her that I would be home later, like Ross said. I go over and sit down next to him.

"Riker said something to me before that made me realise something." I say while getting comfortable.

"What's that?" Ross asks.

"We've been a bit off and on and I don't want it to always be like this with us. We had a great two or so years why can't it be like that again? We were never on and off back then so why are we now?" I continue.

"I don't know. I guess things have just got in the way this time." Ross suggests.

"People have got in the way." I say without thinking. I was staring off into space but when I said that I came straight back to realty.

"Yeah well that's behind us now isn't it?" Ross tries to say casually but I know there is a question behind it.

"Absolutely. No more secrets." I confirm.

"What about a clean sleight?" Ross suggests.

"Sounds perfect." I smile.

We both lean in putting our lips together to share a mutual kiss.

"By the way I don't want it that way either." Ross tells me.

I smile at Ross and kiss him again.

We share a few more kisses before I hear Rydel very loudly coming up the stairs.

"Riker, dinner's ready." I hear Rydel tell Riker.

Riker must of given some indication that he was coming because there was a pause because she spoke again.

"Is Ross home?" I hear her ask.

"Yeah he's in his room wi.-" Rydel is in here before Riker could finish his sentence.

Suddenly she has a huge smile on her face.

"Laura! I haven't seen you in ages!" Rydel says excitedly.

"I know but don't worry, I'm staying until late, apparently." I look back at Ross.

"So we'll have plenty of time to catch up after dinner. I want to hear everything you've been up to." I say just as excited as Rydel.

Ross attempts to subtly cough to get our attention.

"You know we wouldn't have to if someone didn't-" Ross cuts Rydel off.

"We will meet you downstairs Rydel."

Rydel glares at Ross but then smiles at me before leaving.

I start to walk away but Ross catches my wrist before I can leave. He stands up next to me.

"I'm serious about that clean sleight just so you know." He tells me.

"So am I."

"Do you want to go on a date tomorrow?" Ross asks.

"So will it be like our first date?" I ask back.

"Yeah I guess. We could do it like a real first date." He suggests.

I was about to agree but then I remembered that I'm having a family dinner tomorrow. My sisters coming and everything so I can't back out especially since I live there now. Ross could tell something was up by my facial expression.

"What's wrong?" He asks concerned.

"I can't tomorrow I have a family dinner, my sisters coming and everything." I tell him.

"That's okay. We can do the date in the afternoon then what about I come to dinner. This is my way of telling you that I'm serious about us." Ross says hopefully.

I smile and give him a tight hug.

"We should go have dinner before it gets cold." Ross says reluctantly.

We both walk down stairs and because we were talking in Ross' room before we came down everyone was already seated at the table, and all eyes were on us.

We both smiled at everyone while finding our seats. It was the kind of smile you would do when you got caught when you were little. Even though we hadn't done anything it felt that way by the way everyone looked at us. Some where happy others I couldn't really tell what they were thinking and by others I mean Rocky. We said things were cool between us but I guess I was the last person he expected to see at dinner tonight.

/ / / / / / /

Has it really been eight days since I last updated? Wow I am really sorry! To be honest I haven't had the motivation to write a happy Raura chapter. I like writing chapters with drama in it. That doesn't mean there won't be a lot of Raura coming up though because like Laura said I don't want it to always be like that with them.

Until next time...

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //