Chapter Six

B e c c a

I can't believe what just happened. Seeing Noah again. I don't know what it was but seeing him with that other girl, it made my stomach turn. I guess I expected Noah getting into another relationship. I mean I did, almost straight way. I always remember Noah's face when I told him. The look of sadness and heartbreak. I don't want to remind myself.

I look back over to Ross. He is just staring at where that girl was. This must be "the girl". He never directly spoke about her but I knew there was someone else he wanted. If I said something that reminded him of her, he would have the biggest smile on his face at first, but it would slowly fade into the saddest. I didn't intentionally try to make him feel this 'hurt' feeling but it seemed whatever I did something always reminded him of this girl.

Mine and Ross' relationship it wasn't ever something that was going to last. I think deep down we both knew that. We both happened to be single so we thought why not. It was kind of that "right place at the right time" saying. It never really became official. We didn't say we were in a relationship but we didn't say we weren't in one either. We continued seeing each other but the relationship never grew or went anywhere. Sure we got along okay but there was no chemistry between us.

I think both of us were trying to fill a void. Ross' was that girl and I think mine was Noah. Ever since him I haven't been in a meaningful relationship. The reason I broke up with him is because I stopped loving him or so I thought. I guess I needed a wake up call. I felt as though we had fallen into the same old dull routine. Okay those aren't my words exactly. I was talking to one of my friends and I was trying to explain it and from my awful explaining she got the song "Escape" by Rupert Homles. It's about a married couple that have been together for a long time and I guess they have forgotten why they love each other in the first place. In the end the realised they still love each other but it's funny how they found out. I never though that part had applied to me, well I guess I was wrong.

Right then and there I realise I still love Noah. I got really excited for a second but then I remember that girl he was with, I sunk in my sit. Ross and I are just sitting here feeling miserable. He didn't have to tell me, I could see it in his facial expression. Ross is one of the nicest guys I have ever met and he has been nothing but sweet to me. It's just were not happy together. Well it's not that we hate life when were together. I'd like to think we enjoy each others company. We're not a "couple happy" if you get what I mean.

I think it's time to finally put this to an end. We had been sitting there in complete silence for five minutes now. I guess we were both thinking, well we were until I spoke up.

"Ross.." I trail off.

"You don't need to say anything, I think we both understand what needs to happen." He says reasonably.

"Oh good!" I say with joy.

"I didn't want this to have to end messy. I feel as though we could be friends but nothing more." I continue getting straight to the point.

"I totally agree." He laughs.

I feel now that we have taken off this label we never put on we are getting along better. I had no where else to be because I had originally planned to spend this day with Ross so I might as well use this time to actually get to know him.

"So who was that girl you were staring at?" I speak up.

"You really want to know? The whole story?" He questions.

I nodded "I have no where else to be today so yes." I say with a smile.

"Well.." Ross tells me the whole story of what happened between them. It was truly heart breaking. It sounded like they were meant to be together. If there were such thing as a perfect partner, Laura would be Ross'.

"You have to get here back." I say like it was obvious.

"I can't." he says, his face saddens.

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion.

He takes a deep breath. "Don't you remember? She most likely has another boyfriend!" He states.

"Oh, right." I say, now feeling slightly embarrassed.

Ross and I had been talking for quite a while now and we decided to go home. He offered to walk me home. I accept his offer as I felt I wasn't finished talking to him.

On the way home we start talking about Noah and my relationship with him. I never realised this before but Ross is actually really good to talk to when it comes to meaningful conversations. Well he's good to talk to about anything but I just wasn't expecting him to be like this.

The conversation started wrapping up as we got closer to my apartment. I'm kind of glad because I don't know if I should invite him in or not. If we were still "dating" sure of course I would have invited him in. We would be in my apartment by now, but because we got so distracted by the talking it slowed us down.

Once we got to my door I was afraid it would get slightly awkward.

"Lets not make this awkward" Ross starts speaking.

"I have to be somewhere else so you don't have to worry about inviting me in or not. I really enjoyed talking to you today, so friends?" He continues.

Wow he knows me better than I thought.

"Friends." I say smiling before pulling him into a tight hug.

We stay in the hug for a few minutes. Finally we let go then go our separate ways.

/ / / / / / /

I know the chapters haven't been the longest but I was introducing the story. The chapters should be longer from now on.

Thank you everyone for reading. Please vote and comment it would be very much appreciated.

Until next time...

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //