Chapter Nine

R o s s

It has been a couple of days since I saw Laura last. I've met up with Becca once since then. Now that we're just friends we get along much better. It's actually been nice to have someone other than my family to talk to.

"Laura?" I choke out.

I was shocked, I thought I would never see her again. My heart was beating so fast. This is my chance, this must be a sign. All these thoughts were racing through my head. I was so excited but then I remembered she might have a boyfriend. I don't know for sure but it looked that way.

"Ross! It's good to see you again." Laura says excitedly.

She seems happy to see me maybe this is my chance.

"Let me order you another coffee you go get a seat, we can catch up." I say trying to hide my excitement.

Laura goes to speak but I cut her off before she can say another word.

"I remember." I smile.

Laura smiles back and takes a seat. How could she think I would forget what coffee she gets. Maybe I shouldn't remember, I start to worry. I look back a Laura who was smiling at me. I calmed down just by looking at her.

I walked over to where she is sitting and give Laura her coffee and place mine in front of me.

"So how have you been?" I ask expecting a long answer because it has been so long.

"Overall good. So much happened since we've last seen each other Ross. I haven't done anything overly exciting unlike you, tell me about what's happened with you." Laura says while looking down.

"No I want to hear about you first." I insist.

"Well I graduated, that's something right?" She half laughs.

"I knew you were keeping things from me! What else?" I ask interested.

She thinks for a second. "Well compared to you nothing exciting. Mainly school and the usual routine." She says as if she is bored of her own life.

"Well it looks like I'm getting nothing out of you." I huff playfully.

"It's not that I secretly became the Queen and didn't tell you. I just want to hear about you, it's more interesting." She defends.

"Okay, okay, I give up! Even though I know there's more thats happened to you than just your usual routine I will give you what you so desperately want, to talk about me." I say a little too sarcastically.

"Thank you!" She sounded relived when she said that. Why did she want me to talk about myself so much?

I went on to tell her all about what happened since we last spoke. She was right a lot more did happen to me but that doesn't mean I can't hear about her life. Doesn't she know I still care?

"Wow it must of been amazing traveling the world doing what you love with the people you love." Laura says amazed.

"Yeah it's been pretty cool." I say while relaxing back on my chair.

"Pretty cool is understatement!" Laura practically yells.

Wow she's more excited about this than I am, and I was there. She's always been like that though. She gets so excited about anything. That's one of the reasons I love her, I mean loved her. I loved telling her stuff because she would always get so excited for me. She always saw the positive in everything.

"Okay it was unbelievable. I still to this day can't believe we actually went around the world, selling out shows and playing for people that didn't even speak English, but yet still knew our songs." I let out like I've been holding it in for years.