Chapter Three

N o a h

I couldn't believe it! Why did she have to be here, today of all days. I thought I was finally done with her when I met Laura. Laura was my sign from the universe to move on. Apparently the universe has other plans today!

The girl I'm referring to is Becca, my high school girlfriend. We dated since the start of high school until right before the summer I met Laura. I was heartbroken when she dumped me.

She dumped me a month and a bit before Summer break so I still had to see her around at school, it was torture. Everyday I would past the places we used to hang out together. It would bring back memories in the worst kind of way. To make matters worse Becca moved on almost straight away. Can you imagine seeing the one you love with someone else every single day.

I know you don't usually hear this from a guy but I loved her, I really did love her. I honestly thought she was the one but to see how she moved on so quick. I didn't understand how she could be so cool about it, like it was nothing.

I still remember when she broke up with me. I never really understood why. She never gave me a real reason. I do remember she was sad when she was breaking up with me but she still continued to break my heart. After she broke up with me I wanted to forget everything thing about her and when I met Laura everything started to seem good again.

So there Becca was siting at a table by herself, looking through her phone. She was probably waiting for someone. I've told Laura about her. We told each other about our past. Turns out Laura didn't have a great past relationship either, but that's not the point. Becca, the girl I once loved, the girl who broke my heart, is sitting at a table only a few feet from me.

"Shit." I mumble under my breath.

Laura looked to where I was looking and she just stood there, shocked.

I quickly pulled her to our table without trying to make a scene.

Laura and I just sat there speechless. I guess we both didn't really know what to say. I know if I saw Laura's ex walk through the door I wouldn't know what to say. I thought I should break the silence before it got too awkward.

"Laura.." I start. I pause for a bit trying to find the right words.

"We can go somewhere else if this is too uncomfortable for you. I know if my ex walked through the door I would feel the same." She says while grabbing a hold of one of my hands.

I just smiled at her. She is so understanding.

"No, I know you've wanted to go here for forever. It's not awkward unless I make it awkward. Besides she didn't even see us walk in." I say.

"Whatever you want." Laura says with a smile.

We began to chat easily as we waited for our food. As Laura was talking I couldn't help but think of Becca. I know she hurt me but here she is after all this time. She looked good, really good.

"I love you." I hear Laura say.

"Huh what?" I ask confused.

Laura just laughs and rolls her eyes. "I was just saying how much I love you and what a good listener you are." She laughs a bit harder at the end of the sentence.

"Sorry Laur, but I justing couldn't stop thinking about the, uh food. Yeah I'm starving." I manage to spit out.

Laura looks at me confused then laughs.

Just as we were getting back into our conversation Laura freezes.

"What the..?" Laura speaks softly.

I turn around to see what she's looking at.

"You've got to be fucking kidding me." I whisper to myself.

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //