Chapter Twenty Seven

L a u r a

Ross and I were about to leave soon for lunch. We hadn't really decided where we were going yet. Ross was being his usual funny self making me laugh. I heard someone coming down stairs, it was Rocky.

"Oh hey guys!" Rocky says cheerfully.

Wow Rocky seems to be in a really good mood today. I have no idea why but it's a lot easier to talk to him like this.

"Hey, you seem to be in a good mood." Ross responds.

Rocky shrugged.

"I'm just glad your happy." I say.

Rocky walks into the kitchen but then comes back shortly.

"So do you guys have any plans today?" Rocky asks politely.

"Yeah we're going to get some lunch together." Ross replies for both of us.

"That sounds nice. I'm not sure what I'm doing today yet." Rocky says.

"We should get going but we'll see you later." I say and start getting ready to leave.

We decide to go to this nice little cafe not to far from my apartment, I think we're going back there after. Ross has been nice and sweet this whole time. I know he is dying to know what went on with Rocky and I. I don't know how he will take the news, I'm expecting the worst. I shouldn't doubt Ross he's a great guy but I just don't know what he'll say.

I don't know how I should word this either. "Hey so your brother and I had this little thing before we dated."? I guess I will tell him the whole story and go from there.

After the waiter comes and takes our order I thought I might as well tell him now.

"So you probably want to know why Rocky and I were acting weird." I start.

"Pfft, what, no." Ross badly lies.

I look at him and give him a look so he knows I know he's lying.

"Okay maybe." He confesses.

"So you remember our first year of high school and it took you like two months to ask me out?" I ask.

Ross nods.

"Yeah."

"Well you remember that every Thursday I got picked up late so I stayed back at school to study, until you asked be out and I came back to your house every Thursday?" I ask again.

Ross nods once again. Obviously lost on where this is going.

"Okay, so on Thursday on the first week back I went to the room where detention was held by accident. Rocky was there." I say before I was cut off.

"I remember that. I remember laughing at him because he got a detention in the first week. He came back so happy that day though and he didn't tell anybody why.." Ross stops talking and looks at me confused.

"See, Rocky convinced me to stay in detention with him. Every Thursday we would meet until you asked me out that is. Rocky and I we were never official. We, we, how do I put this, he never asked me out. When you came along though things were different. I don't think Rocky and I were meant to be any more than friends. Things feel different when I'm with you." I explain.

Ross looks like he's trying to process everything I've told him.

"You can ask me any question you have and I'll answer it." I say.

Ross is silent. He looks like he is trying to think.

"So what exactly did you and Rocky do in your Thursday catch ups?" He asks.

I didn't want to answer this one.

"Sometimes we would do our work. Sometimes we would just talk. Sometimes we would.." I couldn't say it. I choked on my words, they wouldn't come out of my mouth.

"Sometimes you would what?" Ross asks I could hear he was annoyed by the tone in his voice.

"Oh nothing special, just hang out." I half lie.

"Laura you know I know when you're lying right?" Ross calls me out on my lie.

"You really want to know?" I question.

"Well I have an idea but I want to hear you say it." Ross tells me.

"We would use that time to hook up, alright." I say ashamed. I look down not wanting to look at Ross.

The waiter comes over with our food. Perfect timing before things got awkward. I start to eat my food so I wouldn't have to face Ross.

"Why didn't you two date? Why did you say yes to me?" Ross breaks the silence.

"Well like I said things felt different when I'm with you. I started to talk to you more. I never saw Rocky besides from Thursday's. He never asked me out and it didn't look like he was going to. I asked him if anything was going to happen between us and he didn't seem that concerned about it. You on the other hand, you did. It's not that Rocky didn't care about me it's just, I don't think he was looking for a relationship. He was young, I was young, we were young, it was high school! I don't think he really cared about that." I explain.

"So you're over it now?" Ross asks.

"Totally over it." I reassure him.

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //