Chapter Forty Four

L a u r a

I walked into my room expecting Ross to follow me in but when I turned around he was standing at my bedroom door staring of into space. I rolled my eyes and walked over to him. I pressed my lips to his and soon enough I felt him kiss back. I smiled into the kiss pulling away.

"What were you thinking about?" I ask him. I put my arms around the back of his neck and he puts his hands around my waist.

"Us, in high school." He smiles. "This house brings back so many memories of when we were younger."

I throw my head back lightly laughing thinking about all the times we spent here.

"I'm guessing you know what kind of memories I'm talking about." Ross says still smiling.

"No I don't think I do." I joke.

He looks at me with a completely serious face and says "I'm surprised your parents never knew."

"Oh trust me, they knew." I laugh.

Ross' face completely drops.

"They would leave little hints arou-" Ross cuts me off before I could finish.

"Why didn't they stop us or something?"

"Well they weren't ever home and-" Ross cuts me off again.

"Why didn't you tell me before?"

"How would I bring that up?" I laugh. "Also I thought you had some idea." I tell him.

"Anyway I just have to put my shoes on and then grab my bag and I'll be ready to go." I let him know before walking off.

When I come back Ross is sitting on my bed looking around my room. The only thing that is different from when I was younger is there are random boxes around the place from my old apartment.

"Ready to go?" I ask.

"Sure am." Ross says standing up.

We walk out of my house in silent. I lock the door on the way out since no one else is home. I start walking to my car and then I notice that Ross does this awkward turn back to my car. He must of been walking to his car. I guess we never really said which car we were taking. He doesn't even know where we're going.

I smile to myself at Ross' attempt to hide that he was walking the wrong way and pretend I didn't see it. Once we get in the car and I start driving off I get the question I have been waiting for.

"So where exactly are we going?"

"You know how Riker has been helping me try and find somewhere to live that isn't with my parents?" I ask him.

"Yeah?" Ross asks confused.

"Well he did find somewhere but I couldn't get it right away, if I really wanted it I would of had to wait until next year." I explain.

"Which it is now.." He cuts in.

"Exactly."

"So we're going to your new apartment?" Ross asks.

"No quite. I still have to look at it and meet with the real estate agent." I pause.

"There is another reason I wanted you to come. I wanted to make sure you like it because I was thinking maybe you would like to live there with me? Maybe?" I ask nervous.

"Aren't I meant to convince you to move in with me? Isn't that how it normally goes?" Ross jokes.

"Oh well." Is all I say.

Ross and I look at each other and laugh.

"Hey eyes on the road." Ross tells me. I knew he was being serious about that but he said it in a way that wasn't serious at all.

After it being the silent for a little while Ross speaks again.

"If I hate the place then I'm definitely not moving in and if you love it then maybe this isn't going to work." He points his fingers back and forth between us.

"Why does everything have to be a joke with you?" I ask.

"I can be serious when I want to be." He defends.

"Oh okay, yeah I believe you." I say sarcastically.

Ross turns his head away from me with his arms crossed. I could tell he was just pretending to be angry at me so I focus on finding the apartment.

When I stop the car I look at Ross and he's looking outside checking out the building. It looks like he has forgotten about being angry. I get out the car and wait for him to shut his door to lock the car. I start walking towards the apartment and Ross follows. I brush my arm against his casually to see what he would do. He puts his arm around me and smiles at me.

"I thought you were angry at me?" I ask him. I knew he was faking it.

He looks down at me then smiles and looks back up. He's way of telling me that he didn't mean it.

"It's this one right here." I say while pointing at an apartment building.

We walk up together and I was hoping for the best. I really wanted this to turn out.

When we entered the apartment we were greeted by the real estate agent that Riker mentioned. It was like my old apartment in size. I liked it, it was modern and a decent price. I could tell Ross liked it too. I feel like even if he didn't like it he wouldn't let me know that. The real estate agent left us alone to talk but I think she already knew that we liked it.

"So how do we go about making this ours?" Ross whispers to me.

I pulled Ross in for a quick hug.

"I can't believe this! Are you sure?" I exclaim.

"I've never been more sure about anything in my life."

// H e r e C o m e s F o r e v e r _ x o 💕 //