(Grudges & fights) pt.2

Soda's POV
I wasn't worried when Darry said the socs might come here looking for a fight, that's just what they do, their socs. "I sure shit hope they would" Dallas growls. All of us nodded in agreement.

"I mean, why would they come here?..they already got their jollies or whatever by beating up, Y/n" Steve said.

"'Watch your backs' means watch your backs Steve, their basically calling a war" Dal stated.
"Well..they want one, they've got one" Dal said quietly.

"Ya know, Eventually we're gonna have to have a rumble with them for what they did to Y/n anyways" Steve states. "Agreed, but I didn't mean tonight..."-Darry rubs his forehead, as if he was stressed-"and not here where, Y/n is" he says. My eyes snapped when Darry mentioned Y/n being here if they ever tried anything.

"I don't think there gonna try anything... I mean their stupid, but I can't imagine them being that stupid" Twobit said.

"You'd be surprised from what I saw in New York" Dallas said as he took a puff of his cancer stick. Nobody said anything.
——————
Later that night~
Soda's POV
All of us, minus Y/n who was in the bathroom getting ready for bed, sat in the living room. Twobit started to get up and head towards the door like every other night. "Twobit you can stay..I want all of the gang here incase those socs show up" Darry stoped him.

"You think they'd actually home here?..I mean at night?" Pony asked, Johnny had the same look on his face. "Who might come here?" Y/n appeared in the living room. We were all silent.
"The socs, right?" She asked, clearly knowing.

"Ya kid, but don't worry we've got it covered" Dal said as he pat the couch cushion beside him for Y/n to sit down. She smiled softly as she sat down beside Dal. It's no secret that Dal has a soft spot for her. You could tell, as he ruffed her hair. "Dal! Watch it, this hair is gonna be worth millions one day" she complained, which got a laugh out of all of us that we needed.

Later, most of us got comfortable in the living room. Except Pony and Y/n, they slept in their room. The only light that was on was the lamp beside the couch.

Twobit sat on on the floor as he opened and closed his switch blade over and over. His eyes weren't wild and goofy at the moment, they were dangerous and serious.

Steve sat on the couch beside me as he rested his head on his fist while his elbow rested on the couch arm. His eyes were glued to nothing, just stared straight ahead, something I ever see rarely.

Beside him, was Johnny. He looked nervous then ever, probably about the 'fight' that could happen.

Dal got the other chair that was right beside the front door. He sat there with a baseball bat in his lap. His eyes were wide open the whole night. Nothing new, his eyes were filled with hatred and madness.

Meanwhile, Darry got the recliner. One thing about Darry, when there's something he's stressing or worried about, he can never relax. His knee was bouncing up and down as he stared at the ground.

The house was complete silent, except for all the breathing I could hear.

My eyes shot wide open when I heard a car from a distance. I immediately shot up to look out the blinds. The rest of the gang had serious looks on their faces as well. I saw the car pass our house, it wasn't a soc car any ways. I relax as I sit back down. "Not the fuckers?" Dal asked as he still had our old baseball bat in his hands. Usually Darry would say something about his language but, at this point we were all exhausted and pissed. I shake my head.

Y/n's POV
Pony and I were asleep in our bed when I suddenly woke, feeling something was off. I guess it was because of my paranoia about the socs coming here. I slowly get out of bed, trying not to wake Pony, as I tip toed my way to the window. I looked outside to see nothing, I let out a breathe I didn't even realize I was holding.

My breathe suddenly stoped again, when this time I actually heard a car engine. I looked around outside from inside my window, trying to see what it was. I was a little nervous maybe it was those socs, but I wasn't scared. I have the gang here to protect me if anything were to go down.

I saw a red fancy car pull up beside my house and my heart started poundings so loud, I thought Pony, who was asleep, could hear it. I basically flew out of the room which caused Pony to wake. "Y/n?..where are you going?" I heard him ask but I ignored him as I sprinted into the living room.

Dallas immediately shot up "what, Y/n!?" I guess he saw the panic in my eyes. "Y/n, what is it?" Darry asked concerned. "Socs are outside! They just pulled up beside the house!" I said quickly. Everyone was wide awake in a jiffy.

Soda's POV
When Y/n came sprinting in and told us that the socs were here, we all got ready to fight. Usually, we never fought with weapons, but socs beating up Y/n was enough to make us do so. Wouldn't doubt that they would show up here with weapons as well.

This was the one time you'd see me with a blade, as Dal gripped the bat in his hands tight with an angered look, Steve took out his brass knuckles and slid them on his fingers, Twobit of course had his famous 10 inch switch blade ready and pulled out, Pony and Johnny had each others backs so they didn't need weapons, Of course Darry, or superman as we call him, didn't need any weapons to beat someone.
Darry motioned Y/n into the bathroom.

"Go in there and don't come out until I say so, okay!?" He said in hurry. "But I wanna help!" Y/n argued. It's not that she couldn't fight, but Darry didn't wanna risk her getting hurt.

"Y/n, now! I don't need you getting hurt" he said as he guided Y/n in the bathroom.

The gang and I were now on the front porch, as the socs came strolling into our lawn. We were ready for a fight...