(Accidents)

*Possible TW*

Nobody's POV
It was just the Curtis siblings at house tonight. The gang had already went home or out for the night. Everyone was just relaxing.

The middle child lay stretched out on the couch, reading some magazine he didn't care enough to know the title of. Across from Soda, in the arm chair sat his older brother, Darry. He was also reading, but not a magazine, no, he was reading the paper.

Soda chuckled, glancing at Darry. "How come your reading the paper there?" He shook his head at his older brother. Him-a lot of people thought Darry was growing up to fast. I mean, it's not his fault. After the passing of their parents, things tended to change pretty quickly.

"Why not little buddy?" Darry mocked back. Even growing up, he still found time to be playful with his siblings.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, the two youngest were making themselves a sandwich. They had asked their other brothers if they wanted one, but they said they'd pass...even though Soda would probably end up stealing half of one of theirs.

"Okay, Pass me a knife" Y/n, twin to Pony, said. Pony huffed, but walked over to the drawer where utensils were held. The two were back to back across the kitchen, one searching through the drawer, while the other still faced the sandwiches.

Y/n put her hand out behind her head, expecting her brother to hand her the knife to cut the sandwich's. she huffed "come on, Pony I don't got all day" she said as she shifted her weight from foot to foot. They were twins, what did you expect? It was bound everyday they would argue over little things.

"Hold your horses..I found it" Pony said as he pulled out a sharp knife. As he was still closing the drawer, he held it behind his head, thinking his sister would grab it.

When Y/n didn't feel the knife in her hand yet, she reached her hand father back, Pony doing the same when he didn't feel her grab it. Big mistake, as her hand came in contact with the sharp metal. "Ahh!" She hissed when she felt her flesh slice, holding her palm in pain.

"Shit!" Pony dropped the knife that now had blood on it, turning around to his sister.

Both older brother heard the commotion and looked at each other, confusion written on their faces before jumping up and running to see what had happened.

Both boys rushed into the kitchen to see their sister holding her hand as she hissed in pain, while her twin was standing there in shock, just looking at his sister.

"Oh my god! What the hell happened!?" Darry was the first to speak, rushing beside Y/n.

"Pony, what happened?" Soda asked, looking at his sister with fear and confusion. Pony didn't know what to say. He felt so guilty that he had injured his sister because of his careless actions.

Soda didn't wait for Pony's answer, rushing beside Darry and to his sister. Y/n held her palm as her eyes were closed shut.

"Just let me see it, Y/n" Darry encouraged softly. Y/n didn't want to move her hand. She was scared to, honestly. She shook her head at first, swallowing the lump in her throat.

"Come on, Y/n. Just let Darry cheek it. He needs to see how bad it is" Soda encouraged gently. Y/n took a breathe, but nodded, allowing her oldest brother to take a look. Darry nodded, gently placing his hands over hers.

"Okay just let me take a look" he whispered, gently starting to pry her hand away from the other. Once her hand was lifted, Darry cringed at the slice on her palm. It wasn't stitched needed, but it sure was nasty.

"Good news, doesn't need stitches" Darry said to nobody in particular, still examining the cut.
"We should get it cleaned up though...come on" he gently guided Y/n to the bathroom where he'd clean it. Soda followed right behind them, glad his sister was okay. Pony just stood in the kitchen for a minute, still feeling guilty as hell for hurting her, even if it was just an accident.

After Darry had cleaned the wound, Y/n sat in her room doing nothing. She wondered why Pony hadn't talked to her yet?

Knock knock knock he door suddenly went.

"Ya?" She called out to whoever was behind the door. She didn't get an answer, the door just opened. In walked her twin.

"Oh..hey, Pony" she gave him a gentle smile. She wasn't sure if he thought she was mad at him for what had happened earlier, but she wasn't.

"Hey" he sighed, sitting down next to her. It was quiet for a moment before he began to speak again. "Look, I'm real sorry about earlier" Pony looked down.

"Pony" Y/n sighed "it wasn't your fault. Shit happens...and hey"-she waved her hand up-"it's just a little cut" she shrugged.

"I know..but do you realize how much worse it could have been?" He raised his brows, looking seriously at his sister.

"But it didn't" she replied.

"But it could"-

"Okay, enough Pones. It was an-accident...that's all" she rested her head on his shoulder.