(socs)

*requested*
(This was like two requests put together. I hope you don't mind)

Y/n's POV
My hands reached down for the football, picking it up from the vacant-lot glass. I figured I'd practice my throws and kicks, seeing how all the other boys tease me about how I 'throw like a sissy'.

Everybody was either busy or not around. Soda and Steve were still at work, the DX. Pony and Johnny were somewhere around town for the day. At home, was Darry doing whatever needed doing. I had no idea where the other two knuckle heads, Dal and Twobit, were. I didn't mind playing by myself though, as I brought my arm back, and swiftly threw it across the lot. I smiled at how far it went.

Running over to get it, I heard a car engine. My brow furrowed at the different sound. In this neighbourhood, that didn't sound like a greaser car, no, it sounded like a soc car. I whipped my head around to see exactly what I heard, a soc car, filled with boys inside. These boys wore madras and had combed hair. My heart started racing, my feet became planted, my palms were sweating something awful. I've never been harassed by socs before, especially not by myself.

The four socs got out of their car, walking towards me. It hadn't even crossed my mind to run back home, considering the house was about a block away, but my feet wouldn't allow me to move. One boy with blonde curly hair, looks to be the leader, swayed as he walked over. He must have been drunk off of something. His other buddies didn't look as bad as him though.

"Say, what's a girl doing out alone on these streets?" The drunk one said, coming closer as his buddies followed. My breathe hitched in my throat, unable to speak. I knew this my our territory, but I wouldn't dare speak it.

"Look boys, we got a shy one" he laughed to his buddies. Suddenly, a blade was flicked out and in a second, held against my neck.

"I asked you a question" he practically growled. I didn't say anything-I couldn't say anything. I wished Darry's muscles were here to scare them off, I wished Steve's big mouth was here to get me outta this, if only Dal was here to bash their heads in. I wished for anyone at the time. Hell, I'd even settle for Tim Shepard.

When he saw I wasn't answering, he got frustrated as his fist collided with my face. Pain exploded through my head instantly, as I was knocked over and onto the ground. My nose felt numb from the punch. I honestly didn't know how the guys went to rumbles and got this multiple times.

Before I could open my eyes and look up, another fist was thrown to face. I whimpered as I held my face. I could feel the blood starting to ooze out of my nose. Before I knew it, I was getting kicked, punched, and pulled to hell.

Soda's POV
"Steve, you ready buddy?" I called to best buddy in the garage. It was just about time to get off work. Working at the DX was okay. I was happy for Steve being here with me and all. Even if I wanted to enrol in school again, I couldn't. I was kinda dumb, but I didn't let it bother me.

"Yea, one sec!" He called back.

I turned back to Johnny and Pony, who had stoped by for a Coke after wandering around town. "You guys get in any trouble today?" I grin a little. I know those socials are always looking for a fight, but I could never see my brother-or Johnny cade in a fight like that, even though they join in on rumbles with us.

"No, it was pretty good..Where's Y/n today?" Pony questioned as he furrowed his brow. I wondered the same thing. Usually she'd be here with us after 5, or out with the boys cruising around town. She was probably just at home.

"Don't know. She's probably at home" I shrug. Just then, Steve came out from the garage.

"Let's go boys" he opened his coke as we all started walking down the street. I slung an arm around my brother and gave him a grin.

As we're walking past the lot, Steve jogged in front of me and picked up something off the ground. "Hey, isn't this Y/n's bracelet?" He examined it. It was. My mother had given that one to her before her passing. I was confused. Y/n would never lose it. She was always so careful with it.

"Must have dropped it" Steve shrugged.

"Good thing we found it"-

"Wait" Steve cut me off, looking closer at the bracelet. He furrowed his brow as he motioned to the blood on it? Steve's eyes snapped towards the lot, his eyes going wide. As I did the same, I almost gasped.

"Y/n!" I yelled, running over to her, the boys following behind me. My heart was racing faster then my footsteps. I was the first to reach her, dropping to my knees.

"Y/n?..oh god, Y/n" I put my hand on her forehead. She looked just about dead. There were already awful bruises forming on her face, while cuts and blood covered most of her face. A part of me wanted to throw up. Our gang has been harassed and jumped before, but never like this. Pony almost whimpered when he saw the sight of Y/n, falling down next to her. Johnny looked frightened something awful. While Steve stood, looking down with concern, but mostly anger. Anger towards whoever did this.

Soon enough, the whole gang was here. Darry had heard the commotion from the house porch and came running down, while Twobit and Dal were somehow here as well. Darry was first to react, jumping down to examine his sister.

"Y/n?" Darry asked frantically. A groan escaped Y/n's lips, and for a second I was relieved.

"Soda?" She barley whispered. I was now behind her, letting her dead-weighted body lean against mine.

"It's okay, Y/n. You're gonna be fine" I reassured.

"It-it was"-she croaked.

"Shhh" I encouraged her not to speak.

"It.."-she swallowed-"it was Socs..a whole bunch of them...I tried, but they.." she trailed off.

"Shh" I pet her head. I saw Dal was turned away with a sick look. It wasn't just sickness, it was anger. Both Steve and Dal muttered curses as Dal stomped the ground.

"We needa get her home and cleaned up, Darry" I look to my oldest brother, who nodded right away in agreeing. Darry gently picked her up bridal style, causing groans from Y/n. I cringed. I didn't like seeing my sister like this-beat the hell out of, I hated to admit it. Suddenly, it wasn't concern or sadness that coursed through my veins, no, it was hatred for those socials that did this. The socs that did this to my sister. Whatever socs that laid their hands on her, we're gonna pay.