(Regretful actions)

The youngest Curtis reached up into the cupboard, swiping the box of soda-crackers and bringing them down. Setting the rectangular box on the counter in front of her, her fingers began tearing open the tabs, starting to dig into the crackers.

"Are you eating crackers? Get me some!" Soda hollered from his seat on the couch, leaning over slightly to see his younger sister in the kitchen.

"Get em yourself, lazy-bum" Pony inputted from his seat at the dining-room table, however, not being able to control the grin that tugged at his lips and towards his brother.

"Why, I'll show you lazy bum" Soda gritted, standing swiftly from the couch and strutting playfully over to his younger brother, who was now leaning away in his chair.

Within a second, the two brothers were on the floor, rough-housing around with each other, demanding one or the other to holler 'uncle'.

"Ha! Look man! Pony's got him pinned!" Twobit-the only one of the gang who was here at the moment-exclaimed as he pointed to the two boys.

Darry, the only other one in the house, leaned over the arm of his chair and looked back at his brothers. A small grin tugged at his lips, glad to see they were at least getting along.

"Aaha" Y/n laughed as she stood at the doorway of the kitchen, mouth brimmed with crackers. That didn't stop her from laughing at her brothers.

Twobit soon found the boys not as interesting, and began strutting off into the kitchen, where Y/n still remained.

"Another beer there, Twobit?" Y/n deadpanned from her spot against the counter, while still munching on her salty crackers.

"You bet your ass" Twobit beamed playfully, opening the icebox and reaching for another alcoholic beverage.

Once the jokester grabbed another beer bottle, he popped the cap off and headed back into the living room. But just before Twobit left the doorway of the kitchen, Y/n'a foot came up playfully and knocked against the greaser's ass. Twobit stoped in his tracks, turning back to the girl with a mischievous grin. Y/n only smirked and continued shoving another piece of nourishment past her lips.

Twobit's hand reached towards the girl, pushing her arm playfully. As he did, Y/n had just happened the bite down on another fresh cracker, and as she got pushed gently, she took a sharp breath in without meaning to, causing the remnants of dry crumbs to fly to the back of her throat.

Alerted, Y/n swallowed harshly, attempting to get the dry remnants down her throat. It felt like someone had dropped a few pinches of sand down her throat, and she couldn't get rid of it.

The teen started coughing, bringing her fist to cover her open mouth as she did. She thought trying to cough the specks up would most definitely help, but it only made it worsen.

"Woah, Y/n" Twobit set his beer down on the counter as he held his hands up, doing nothing but watching the girl cough, and attempting to swallow every so often.

Y/n could feel the heat rising in her pink cheeks, as her back racked harder with the harsher coughs that followed. She took a breath, only to realize it made it worse. As she did, it felt like the specks were just being sucked deeper and deeper into her lungs.

"What's going on?" Soda had heard the-sounding like suffocating coughs-and appeared in the doorway, brows furrowed.

The girl's hands were now rested on her knees, bending over as she tried to get some air back into her lungs. Coughs still racked her body, trying to get the suffocating feeling out of her throat. Tears brimmed in her eyes.

"What's happening?" Darry had now appeared, followed by Pony.

Once Darry saw his sister's state, he went in action, rushing over to the struggling girl. "What'd you do?" He quickly looked back at Twobit, all as well as trying to comfort his sister.

"Nothing man, I swear, I just pushed her lightly and she started coughing..I think she's choking" Twobit now held a worry look, while still having his hands raised his defence.

Darry's firm hand was felt on her back, started to rub circles, in attempting to soothe the girl's coughs. The hand then went to patting, seeing as how rubbing wasn't doing any good.

"Here" Soda knelt down to the both of them, holding a glass of water, already being quick to action.

Darry immediately took the glass from his brother's hand, and placed it gently up to his sister's lips. "Here, try and drink some, it'll help" Darry reassured.

Y/n leaned up some, opening her throat and allowing some water in. He was right, it did help some. It helped the dry remainants wash down her throat some, and supress her coughing fit.

"Are you okay?" Soda asked with worry-filled eyes.

Y/n only cleared her throat, still trying to get the normal feeling back. Some specks could still be felt, and uncomfortable, but it was easing up. She coughed once again, bringing her hands back down to rest on her knees. She took a breath in, only to hear a wheezing sound as she did.

"Straighten up more, it'll help" Darry encouraged, trying to bring his sister to stand more straight then hunched over the way she was. He knew bending over like that wouldn't help, in fact, it made choking worse; something Darry had learned in high school when taking first-aid.

Y/n complied, standing up and taking steady breaths. Her cheeks still held a light crimson red, partly from having all the attention on her and was quite frankly embarrassed, and partly from the many coughs she had given.

"I'm..I'm good now" Y/n croaked out, just wanting everybody to stop looking at her, especially when the four boys all held concern.

"Golly, I'm sorry Y/n..I didn't know you were gonna do that" Twobit sincerely apologized, feeling bad for what he had done, even though he couldn't have known better.

"It's okay..I'm fine" Y/n waved it off, swallowing hard once more.

"You sure?" Pony had finally spoke from the doorway. The boy's hair was roughed out and wacky looking, thanks to him and Soda's wrestling match just 2 minutes ago. So when Y/n looked over at her brother to reply, she suddenly couldn't help the grin that curled up on her lips.

"What?" Pony asked, bewildered on why his sister was grinning ear to ear after all this, more specifically; at him.

Y/n didn't respond, only started laughing at her brother, even though it came out sounding weird, thanks to what had just happened. For whatever reason, she found Pony's hair sticking up the way it was, hilarious.

The four boys in the tiny kitchen shared a look.

"What?" Soda asked, letting out a quick laugh in between, trying to figure out what the hell was so funny. He then looked to where Y/n was laughing at. Soda started to chuckle at the stupid reason of laugher, realizing his brother's jacked-up hair was the reason.
————————————————————————

(Hope you enjoyed this little..scenario? I guess, idk what to call it lmao. But seriously, if you ever had this happen, you just already know the pain😩)