(late nights & early mornings)

(Part of the series!)
-Cursing (like always)

Soda's POV
Darry had carried Y/n to her room after arriving home. Even though she had slept in the alleyway, she was still tired. After all, it was about midnight by now.

I sighed, plopping down into the couch. I was just glad we found her, and she wasn't beat up or worse, like some of us expected.

Pony took a seat beside me on the couch, resting his head on my shoulder. He looked tired as well, but I knew he wouldn't go to bed without me. Not since the death of our parents.
Just then, Darry had came back from Y/n's room, and took a seat in his chair. It was silent for a while, just my brothers and I breathing calmly, glad we found out sister. Non of us had to speak to know that's what we were all thinking.

The silence was then interrupted by the rest of boys coming through the door, and I'm glad they did, other wise I wasn't sure how we'd contact them and let them know we found her.

"Find her?" Steve spoke before all of them were even in the doorway.

"We did. She's okay" I nodded to the gang. I could see them all untense, knowing she was found and okay.

All the boys then gathered inside, exhausted, as they took their seats. Steve next to me on the couch, Dal took the other arm chair by the door, while Twobit and Johnny popped a squat on the floor.

"So where'd you find the kid?" Dal asked as he lit a smoke to relax. Darry doesn't usually like smoking in the house, but nobody felt like arguing tonight.

"In an alleyway, greaser territory" I answered first.

"Which one?" Dal jerked his head towards me as he questioned. I thought for a second, trying to remember which street. I could never remember things easily, probably why I sucked at school.

"Joffrey Street" Darry informed, seeing how I couldn't remember.

"That's only a few streets away from the dingo" Twobit pointed out, remembering that's where she ran from.

"What made her run anyways?" I asked, going back to the fact that we had no idea why she did what she did. "Did she see something?" I asked in a confused tone.

"Not that I can remember" Twobit shook his head as he thought, staring at the ground.

"I don't think she saw something" A gruff voice came from the arm chair. All our eyes made their way over to the 17 year old greaser.

"Whadya mean, Dal?" Steve spoke for all of us.

"Maybe she saw someone" said Dal, emphasizing the word someone. Which made me think, maybe she did see someone? Someone she feared. My shoulders raised as it hit me. The guy-the Shepard. It made perfect sense. At the Dingo, where all the greasers and Shepard's hang around. I wasn't positive, but I had a fairly good idea that's what it was.

"What Soda?" Steve had snapped me outta my thoughts, waving his hand in front of my face. All the guys were looking at me with confusion or concern.

"Maybe she saw the guy...ya know, the Shepard" I almost gritted the last part. Everyone stayed silent, thinking.

"I mean, that'd explain why she took off like the devil was after her" Twobit shrugged as he considered the idea. The rest of the boys nodded...except Dal, who stood suddenly.

"God damn it" He gritted, starting to pace around the dining room. Venom written on his face. Everyone stayed silent, not wanting to bother Dal when he's like this-in a dangerous mood.