Curtis sister ("soc")

(Requested LaurelTheWitch hope you like it!)

Y/n's POV
I stood in my room, pulling up my skirt. Yes, my skirt. I pulled over my matching sweater as well. Believe me, I didn't like wearing this fancy stuff. My brothers are the ones who thought it was a good idea to dress like a 'soc' at school, after an incident where I was jumped about a year ago by the 'socials'. Now the socs don't even bother me. I guess you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

I finished brushing my soft hair, leaving it straight for the day, before walking outside to be greeted by my the older brothers.

"Hey, Y/n" Soda grinned from the table, where he stuffed his face with grape jelly and eggs. I didn't reply, just plopped down across from him.

"Look Y/n"-Darry took a seat at the table, holding his cup of coffee in hand-"We know you hate wearing clothes like that and everything, but you know it's for your own safety, right?" Darry gave me a sympathetic look. I only nodded, digging my fork into my eggs as I began to eat.
————————————————
I made my way into the cafeteria at school, looking around for my 'group' as I held my tray of food in hands. It was for the best and my 'safety' to sit with Socs instead of the boys, which I didn't find to fond, but did anyways as I made my way to my usual table.

I took a seat next to the 3 girls I hung around, all socs. "Hey, Y/n" Jess, was her name, smiled at me. I did the same "Hey, Jess" I replied.

"Your parents going to the banquet tonight as well?" Asked another girl. That hit me somewhere I didn't want to think about.

"Ya, how come we've never met your parents? They work a lot?" The girl beside her questioned as she smacked on her carrots neatly.

"Uh-well, ya they work quite a bit" I lied. They all just nodded, understanding, as they went back to eating their fancy lunches.

My eyes wandered around the cafeteria. I spotted Twobit, Pony, and Johnny at one of the tables near the other greasers. I felt left out. Pony had looked up and spotted me, giving me a slight smile. I did the same, only wishing I could actually go over there.
————————————————
After a long day of pretending and school work, the day had finished and I was more then ready to get home.

Walking a few blocks from the school, I immediately took my hair down, letting my natural straight hair fall back into its original place. The girls encouraged me to let them style it at lunch, and I gave in.

Just then, I heard footsteps behind me, as the boys caught up to me. "Hey Y/n, how was today?" Pony slung an arm around me. "Okay" I sighed.

"I don't know why ya need to dress like a soc-monkey?" Twobit shrugged.

"Because we don't need her gettn' jumped, Twobit" Johnny charmed in, nudging Twobit in the ribs, who groaned and apologized.

"Here, can ya cover me" I ask Pony. He knew what I meant, so did the other boys. It was a regular routine that after school I'd change back into my clothes, not wanting to go back to greaser territory looking like a soc.

On a back street, near a fence, Pony held up his sweater, looking away, as did Johnny and Twobit. I quickly and swiftly pulled off my skirt, knowing I could trust the boys not to look, as I replaced them with a pair of jeans from my backpack. I did the same with my neatly shirt and replaced it with a football hoodie of Darry's.

"Okay" I nodded, telling Pony I was decent. My brother nodded and threw his sweater back on, as we all kept walking home. Man, this was exhausting.