(forgotten scolarships & old memories)

(Not part of the series!)

Nobody's POV
All three of the youngest Curtis siblings sat spread out in the oldest siblings room, looking through old picture books, and anything they could find of their older brothers. The older brother that had to, unfortunately, give up college and take care of the three. He happened to be at work right now, working hard and hammering nails into roofs, while his younger siblings wandered through his room. Being respectful of course, and not messing it, but only searching for old, or 'cool' things.

It was Pony's idea originally to come in and find an old football of Darry's, since one of the boys lost the other one, and was hoping to play some catch. Once they then couldn't find any old footballs, Darry probably having stuffed his far away, they started unintentionally lifting up books and searching through other old things.

It first started when Pony mentioned an old picture he had found on Darry's night stand, "Hey guys, check out this old photo" Pony said as he picked up the old black and white photo.

In the picture was the whole Curtis family. In fact, the picture happened to be taken about a week before the car wreck. The photo was taken by Steve randle, as the family gathered on the couch. Mr and Mrs Curtis sat neatly in the middle of the couch. Soda sat on the back of the couch behind his father, resting his hands on his dads shoulders. While Pony sat behind his mother, setting his hands over top another and on his mother's head, as he rested his chin on top of them with a wide grin. Darry then sat beside his father on the couch, slinging an arm around his tall father. Last, Y/n sat beside her beautiful mother, leaning her head against her mom's shoulder.

"I remember when we took that" Y/n smiled at the picture, along with her two younger brothers.

"So do I. Steve took it, didn't he?" Soda took the picture from Pony and held it in between his fingers.

"He did. I remember him hollering at me to move" Pony groaned, making the other two teens chuckle.

"What's this?" Y/n had wandered over to Darry's dresser and found a 'year book-1963' inside it. She pulled it out and examined it, just as her two brothers did the same.

"It's Darry's year book" Soda whispered as they all looked at it. On the front of the book, there was one picture of what looked like his whole senior class. All around the picture were signatures, most likely from his class mates.

Y/n took a seat down on the floor, still holding the book, as the two other teens did the same. Y/n flipped over to the first page, to see the first picture of Darry and some other guy. Both had slung their arm over one another, and were smiling at the camera. Y/n honesty thought Darry could've been a soc with the way he went through school, not to mention, it looked like the boy beside him was a soc. They were both wearing football jackets.

"Who's this beside Darry?" Y/n pointed her finger to the picture as she asked her brothers. Both boys leaned over to take a look.

"Paul" Soda answered, staring at the picture, as Pony did the same.

"Paul?" Pony repeated, a little uncertain of the guy.

"They used to buddy around, play football. The two best players on the team" Soda explained.

Y/n suddenly felt bad. Bad for dragging down her oldest brother, and away from collage, where he should be. He should-he deserves to be at collage, partying, making a career, living his life. Hell, he even got a scholarship from football...which, I guess wasn't much use now, Y/n thought.

"I hate how he couldn't go to college" Y/n randomly stated, flipping through more pages of her brother's forgotten memories. He probably didn't even remember them. He works to much now, has to much on his mind.

"We all do" Soda said, replying to his sister's comment. Silence then filled the room as they looked through more pages. Suddenly, the two youngest heard Soda chuckle. Pony and Y/n both looked over at him with confused grins.

"What?" Y/n chuckled.

Soda's pointer finger makes it way to one of the pictures and points to a photo, a photo of Darry doing a handstand on a beam while grinning. They all started laughing at their oldest brother's photo.

"Look at his long hair there!" Pony laughs as he points to the hair in Darry's forehead falling over his eyes. They all continued to laugh.

"Hey, remember his old girlfriend too?" Soda grinned.

"Which one?" Pony raised his brows with a stifled laugh.

"Cindy" Soda replied, pointing to another photo on the next page. The photo was junior year. Darry had his arm around his girlfriend, Cindy Hamilton, a soc in fact. Darry never minded the fact she was richer, or a soc. He just found her attractive in every way, and thought she was a nice person, until,

"Did she end up cheating on him right before summer?" Pony questioned. Soda nodded to his younger brother. Suddenly, the room wasn't filled with cheerful anymore, but sadness.

"Yep..right before Darry was planning to take her on a road trip that summer" Soda shook his head, as he flipped to the next page for them.

"Ha"-Y/n laughed at the photo she saw on the left page-"is that Twobit and Darry?" She pointed to a picture. In the picture, Darry, and his buddy Twobit, sat on the bleachers. Both had their arms linked around each other's necks cheerfully.

"I forgot they were in school together" Soda laughed at the picture, both teens holding cheesy grins. Twobit was a sophomore at the time, while Darry was a senior.

"And Twobit still is" Y/n added to Soda's comment, as they all laughed.
———————————————————-

angeliccade <3