(boys)

(Requested)
Y/n's POV
I crept over to my window quietly, making sure I didn't make much noise while lifting the window open. I had told my friend, Colby, to meet me by my window tonight. He and I weren't dating or anything like you may think, but we were good friends. The gang knew of him, but didn't exactly approve of him, which is why I'm being sneaky at the moment.

As I opened my bedroom window, I peaked outside to see Colby walking across the lawn towards me. He was a Shepard, another reason why the gang had no interest in him. He wasn't like every other Shepard though, or like Curly Shepard. He once told me he didn't wanna be Shepard, but had to go along with what his friends thought. He wore a black leather jacket, with a grey t-shirt underneath. His blue jeans were tight like most hoods wore them, and his blonde hair was slicked back into curls.

"Colby!" I whisper yelled as I motioned him over to my window. He smirked and continued his strides over to my window.

"Hey, doll" he smiled.

"Hey, Colby. Listen, my brothers don't know your here, so you're gonna have to sneak in" I cringe a little. He nods, having no problem as he climbs through my ground floor window.

"Shh" I say as he steps down on the floor. These floors creak like crazy, and you could hear boots on them a mile away. Not to mention, pretty much all the boys were out there. I don't think there was a single day when the gang wasn't here.

"So whatdya want to do?" I walk over to my dresser, looking through some books and random things. Maybe I could find a board game or something?

"Uh..you could read me one of your nerdy books" he jokes. I knew he actually loved my reading, and he admitted it once. I laughed, immediately stopping when the door was open. I knew I was fucked, no matter what boy came in. It was Dally. The worse of all. It was silent for a moment, as he looked from Me to Colby.

"The fuck..I knew I heard someone in here!" He stomped across the floor as his hands made their way to Colby's collar, pulling him up. Dally's face was into his normal expression when he's mad, eyebrows scrunched, as his mouth was hung open half way. I noticed that.

"The fuck do you think you're doing in here, punk!?" He spat.

"Dal, cut it!" I defend Colby, who looked feared to be held up by Dallas Winston. By now, the rest of the boys had somehow crammed into my room and was looking either confused or pissed.

"What's going on?" Darry used his stern voice.

"Why's he here?" Followed by Soda.

"I was just"- Colby started to speak, only for me to cut him off -"he was just coming over to study" I nod, hoping they'd buy it. Unfortunate for me, their smarter then that.

"Ya..then why didn't he use the front door?" Steve furrowed his brow. Shoot!

"I don't know" was all I could think of as I shrugged. I knew it was a stupid reply.

"Get out" Soda spoke. Colby nodded immediately, heading past the boys and to the front door, not before Soda stoped him though. "Not that way! The way you came in, punk! Out the window!" He pushed Colby towards the window, as he crawled back out. Not gonna lie, I got some second hand embarrassment.

Once he was out of sight, almost everybody turned to me. I had my arms crossed and my eyebrow raised.

"Why'd you let him in, Y/n?" Twobit asked, for once in his life, not laughing along.

"I told you, to study" I shrug.

"Lies" Dal muttered. I sent him a glare.

"Are you two..dating?" Darry folded his arms, like the intimating brother he is.

"No" I shook my head, and told the truth. All though, I might have some feelings towards him. Doesn't mean we're dating though, far from it.

"So what?..he's your..guy best friend?" Steve scrunched his brows together. I nodded "I guess" I shrugged.

"Nope" Darry shook his head with a chuckle.

"What?..why?" Now it was my turn to furrow my brow.

"Y/n, you know what all guy friends actually turn into?..all they want is to"-

"No, Colby ain't like that. He's just a friend" I argue. That almost got a laugh out of everybody. I didn't see what was so funny though.

"A friend?..ya okay" Twobit laughed before walking back out into the living room. The guy most have heard Mickey come on. I looked to Soda, who had a raised eyebrow.

"What?..he is just a friend" I nod. Soda only shook his head. "I'm gonna make sure that's all he is" he assured.