(dates & spies)

(Requested, breasia20 hope you like it!)

Y/n's POV
Walking out into the living room, I prepared myself for my case I was about to make. You see, I was asked out today by a guy at my school. Mark, was his name, Mark Henson. He was not a soc, nor a greaser. Middle class would suit him best. You guessed right, if you guessed I haven't told my brothers yet. I was about to though, as I walked into the room where everybody was.

"Hey, Darry" I smiled sweetly, pulling my innocent act. He gave me a weird look from his chair. "Hey..what's going on?" He furrowed his brow.

"Nothing" I shrugged "can't I just be nice" I smile. "Nope" said Twobit from the couch. I shot him a glare. "That would be a medical mystery if you were nice for no reason" he laughed. 

"He's right. Now what is it?" Darry looked to me.

"Well, ya see...I'm going on a date tonight with this guy from school, Friday night. Before you ask, no, non of you know him, and there's nothing anyone can do to stop me" I said quickly in one breathe.

"What.." asked Soda from the table.

"Who?" Pony then spoke.

"Nobody you know, but if you may know, Mark Henson" I reply.

"I know him. He's a real prick" Dal stated from his seat on the couch.

"No he ain't. Cut the lies, Dal" I give him a sarcastic look.
——————————————————-
Soda's POV
Soon enough, Friday night came, the night Y/n was going out with this Mark guy. I didn't trust him-nor did the gang. So we had a plan. The plan would fall right in place after Y/n left to the dingo with him. We'd spy on them, all of us, surprisingly even Darry agreed.

We were all in our living room, waiting for this guy to show. He better not cancel on my little sister, I thought. Y/n looked pretty tonight. She had he hair curled softly, with a Jean skirt and a red sleeve on to match it. I noticed the mascara she added as well. She looked beautiful, just like our mom once did.

Knock, knock, knock

knocked at the door. All of knew it was Mark, that guy we all didn't admire. I straightened up in my chair, as did the rest of the boys. Darry stood to get the door. Steve and I shared a look.

"Hello, you must be Mark" Darry played the nice ask, shaking the boys hand. He had brown straight hair, with green eyes. He reminded me a little of the features that Tim Shepard has, only he's not dressed like a hood.

"Yes, I'm Mark. I'm here for, Y/n" he said. I clenched my jaw from the table.

"Hi" my sister said shyly, walking over to him. My eyes then softened some for her.

"Hi, you look great...you ready?" Mark, opened the door for Y/n. She nodded with moms smile, before stepping out and giving us a wave.

As soon as the door shut, immediately, the guys and I rushed to the couch as we piled on top of one another. We watched closely out the window as Mark opened the door for her and drove off.

"Ouch, Steve get off my arm" Pony groaned, pulling his arm out from under Steve's leg.

"I still don't trust him-and ain't gonna trust him" Dal muttered, turning back around and plopping back onto the couch.

"Second that" Twobit added.

"Well, what are we waiting for?" I raised my brow, referring to our plan that was supposed to take place.

"Nothing man, let's go" Dal stood, the rest of the gang following. We headed out the door and piled into Darry's truck.
——————————————
"Easy with the lights Darry, don't wanna let them know it's us" I said as we followed behind Mark's car. I told Darry to fall back a little so they wouldn't see our lights and find out it's us. I wouldn't even want to imagine what Y/n would do if she found out about this.

"Ouch, god damn it!" I heard Steve from the back, ruining our concentrated silence.

"What is it?" I turn my head back, annoyed with my best buddy.

"Your kid brother's nearly got his foot up my ass" Steve said, clearly irritated. Well, if we're talking about Steve, it's pretty easy for him to be irritated. Hell, you could just look at him the wrong way, and he'd claim he's annoyed.

"Ya man, you realize how fucking crammed we are back here in this thing" said Dal. I rolled my eyes. We were suppose to be keeping an eye on Y/n, and these clowns are acting nothing but fools.

"Maybe if you got your ass off my foot, we wouldn't be so crammed" Pony muttered, frustrated, as he tugged his leg out from under Dal. Just then, Dal started to argue back.

"Okay, guys cool it! We're here, now stop!" Darry said, using his 'dad' voice. We all stoped almost immediately.

Darry parked the truck across the parking lot slowly, across from the two love birds in Mark's car. We all stayed silent, watching closely as Y/n got out after Mark opened the door for her. I grinned a little, seeing her smile. That soft, gentle, greeting smile of moms. Darry and I shared a look. We both realized it.

As they went inside, the guys and I piled out of the truck. "We going on?" I ask, looking to Darry mostly. Out of all of us, he was the one who probably knew what to do best. He was the 'father figure', I'll admit it.

"Why not, man" Dal stomped his cigarette out with a shrug.

"What if she sees us? God only knows what she'll do" I pointed out.

"Oh come on, what's she gonna do? Throw a fit?" Dal rolled his eyes.

"worse" Steve muttered.

"Stop being pansy's. let's just go in" Twobit basically pushed us towards the doors of the dingo. I sighed, giving in.

"Wait guys! Go that way!" Dal pointed and directed us to the left, going to the other side of the dinner, away from where Y/n and her date was. I'll tell ya, Dal may be a hood, but he's got sense.

Steve and I were the only ones being careful, ducking as we all hurried to a table. This table was far enough from Y/n and her date. We all sat in the booth, keeping our glances by Y/n's table from across the room.

I watched as they talked and ordered their food. Suddenly, Y/n stated laughing, laughing like she used to before mom and dad died. She scrunched her nose as she smiled through her laugh. Maybe this Mark guy wasn't to bad if he's making her laugh like this.

"She looks so happy" Pony whispered to me.

"She does, doesn't she" I nodded.