(better things to come)

(Requested)

Y/n's POV
My sleeve was soaked with the warm, salty tears that leaked down from my face and onto my soft sweat shirt. My lip trembled against my hands, that were covering over my face. I didn't want to think about it, think about how Clover, our family dog since mom and dad were here, had passed away yesterday. I've done nothing but stay in my bedroom, replacing each shirt over and over after crying into them. Suddenly,

Knock, knock, knock

Went the door. I didn't even bother looking up from my hands. I stayed seated on the floor against my bed, Knees curled tightly up against my chest.

"Y/n?..do you wanna come out?" I heard my brother, Soda, from outside. I wanted to call back, but to many reasons told me other wise. I probably looked a train wreck anyways, my hair not brushed and greasy, I didn't even want to imagine how pink and puffy my eyes were bound to be.

"No" I said ever so quietly. I didn't even think Soda heard me.

"What, honey?" He asked through the door. I sighed sadly, getting up slowly from my spot on the floor. My ass felt numb from the hard, wooden floor. My feet walked slowly to the door, as my hand fell over the door knob and twisted it open. I was met with the face of Soda, as expected.

"What?" I ask, wiping my sore, pink nose with my sleeve. Soda's eyes held sympathy when I looked into them. I knew everybody's would, they knew I cared most for Clover. Hell, I'd walk her almost everyday, feed her, she even slept beside me each night, tucked in tight under the covers. I still remember her scent. I didn't even want to wash my blankets ever again, with the fear of her scent being gone.

"You doing okay?" Soda put a gentle hand on my shoulder.

"Does it look like I'm doing okay?" I sniffle.

"Your right, that was a stupid question...you want some cake? Darry just made a fresh one, straight from the oven" Soda held a slight smile. It didn't take me more then a second to know he and my brothers were just trying to cheer me up.

"Sure" I replied, starting to walk out with him. Not gonna lie, my stomach craved some cake right now.

In the living room, sat the entire gang. They all took a liking into Clover, but not as much as I did, and they knew it.

"Hey, girly" Darry patted my head gently. I forced a smile as I sat down at the table. My mouth was watering before I even got the cake in my mouth.

After having two slices of delicious cake, and filling my belly, I took a lousy seat on the couch. Next to me, sat Johnny and Dal.

"Hey" Johnny shot me a soft smile, which I returned. "Hey, Johnny cakes" I replied.

"anybody wanna play football?" Steve sat up. Almost everybody shot him a look. "Fine..cards? Poker?" He suggested with a shrug. I really admired Steve for trying to lighten the mood, but I just wasn't feeling it.

"Nobody's in the mood for that, Steve" I muttered, sinking lower back into the old couch.

"Now, why say that?" Twobit stood from the floor with his original positivity. "Come on guys, we can't be moping around forever" Twobit said with his half goofy grin.

"Says who" Dal muttered, taking out a cancer stick, then handing one to Johnny.

"Says me" Twobit pointed to himself. I almost laughed. "See! Look, Y/n thinks so to" he pointed towards me. I smirked. Twobit walked over to me, somehow picking me up, and throwing me over his shoulder.

"Put me down, Twobit!" I laughed as he bounced me up and down on his shoulder. "No! not until you promise you won't be moping around anymore" he negotiated.

"Fine! Now put me down" I laughed. My feet hit the floor, getting set down. Just then, Soda slung an arm around me as he ruffed my hair.

"Hey!" I exclaimed, fixing my hair that was already messy. He just chuckled and kissed my forehead.

I realized there was much better things to come.