Evangeline

"It takes a heart full of bravery, will and blessings of your ancestors, to sacrifice everything for the good of someone else."

The words echoed in the hall room made of thick bricks. The red carpet that we were seated on had black designs on it. The cushions and curtains made it look all cosy. The big vessel made of clay was placed in the middle, full of fire with us staring into it.

Luna Elsie didn't blink from the beginning of this session and was seated right in front of us across the bonfire. Around us were seated the widowed and unmated females of this mystic pack.

We were just three hours away from the moment when we would cross the border.

"Your dreams, beliefs, morals, desires, wishes, purity will be pushed back by this one chance of practicing utmost selflessness," said Luna Elsie while looking at me and Keira.

The cousin who might still be secretly hating me for hurting her so much. Things seemed fine when on one call from me to Thomas, explaining him how Luna Elsie had demanded Keira to contribute in this plan voluntarily—Ivan and Keira were on my door within the next five hours.

While she, like a cousin that I had grown up with, stepped out of the car and hugged me tight, Ivan barged in to the home to check on Leo's healing wounds. There wasn't much exchange of words. By their faces, it really looked like they had taken this life-turning decision with extreme thinking.

Keira behaved like she did before finding Ivan as her mate, happy and cheerful. Yet the sincerity was there in her eyes, knowing we were about to do something crucial. We didn't know if Ivan would accompany us to the border. Thus, the worry and sadness in his eyes for his mate was as obvious as it could be.

Moon Goddess knew what him and Leo discussed behind the door in our room. Keira, Ellie and I had small conversation over how the whole Alpha family of Eastern Pack didn't want me to go with this plan at all.

"But you began the talk with Orina and now, Luna Elsie is supporting us. You have succeeded already. The pack is stronger when it has you, Eva." The words coming out Keira's mouth showed her kind behavior. Even after everything, she stood strong and chose the way of love rather than being vengeful and bitter to me.

"Luna Anne doesn't want her to go. She seemed seriously scared. Alpha Leandre huffed it off saying, no one has ever returned. He thinks that she won't be coming back." Ellie revealed it all to her innocently, showing her own worry for her brother.

The full moon was tough to handle when Leo cried his eyes out in pain of holding the urge to shift. We longed to mate but his body was too weak to even move in skin. Now slowly being in love with each other and having this deep understanding, it was definitely hard to come up to such a decision where I was leaving for a place that haunted the packs.

"Even Declan hates the plan. He said that this is a sin. Our intention is only to save Misty and not find the ashes. We are going their uninvited and won't last long a second." I had mentioned while thinking hard about how Leo had never stopped me from thinking about going crossing the border.

"As long as Leo believes in you, it is okay. You should be enthusiastic and be the same Eva we all look up to. The brave and fearless one." Keira's words were a surprise. The faith shown in her eyes made me wish to bow and apologize my heart out to her for everything that happened between Ivan and I.

"You are the brave one, here. I am just a wannabe," I had choked out. It was embarassing to not be able to control the emotions all of a sudden when I had been a heartless stone whole of my life.

Misty taught me to share my emotions.

Leo taught me to be able to feel every emotion.

"I longed for this chance every second of my life. I want to practice my utmost potential. I want to achieve something greater."