[36] The Temple Tales VII: A Race

"After a dark night comes a bright day. But today seems like the Sun doesn't want to show up for us. As if we are not allowed to get over the events of the last night."

I stared up at the sky while feeling the fresh morning wind on my face. The grey clouds were roaring high above the temple. The lightning was yet to mark its presence. Though, the environment wasn't as dark as of an approaching storm. But it was neither a sunny one. Just the kind of weather you would want during a tour.

A sudden jerk had awakened me from the nightmares.

Alma was by my side, seated on the edge of the bed. With her friend, Maya, she had found me at the top of the tower, asleep beside the window. But I was sure, I might have passed out.

They had followed my scent while patrolling the temple.

My legs were numb when they found me. I was freezing. So, they immediately took me to my Chamber and covered me with two heavy quilts. One started rubbing my palms, the other had taken my feet. They even gave me spoons of some potion to bring warmth to my body.

Later, Alma gave me the bed tea. She further guided me to the common bathrooms. They had no doors. I requested her to put a curtain for me. She did so and I was thankful. Though, the freezing air was able to pass through the corridors and windows were making me shiver continuously until I had one more cup of tea afterward with a slice of bread.

She provided me a red long dress to change into. I was thankful for it. Well because it was refreshing to wear a one-piece dress rather than the blouse and long skirt one by one. Wearing my cloak and a heavy shawl, that was sent by none other than Lucine, for me, Alma took me to the backyard of the temple.

My eyes were mesmerized by the big mountains at the front and the pine trees covering all of them. The clouds were hiding their peaks while the continuous wind was creating a loud noise.

The glimpses from last night would appear in my mind every time I would zone out absentmindedly. Those six Severans and the woman, more like some demonic soul, who followed and forced me up to that tower, had shaken the soul in me. But those towers of different heights were a secret.

I was taught about Severans, the temple, and everything else. But I was never told about another temple. It could be possible that only Severans were aware of it. Or maybe, just Lucine.

Using as much as of my mind, I could conclude that my stars had made me reach the top of that tower for me to find those towers. Maybe. Just maybe, Severa's ashes were in that temple.

What if this temple was just used as a hostel while the one I saw last night was the real one where Severa took her last breaths? Maybe, this was why he Lycans were never worried about the brides roaming freely. They performed no torture like the ones the packs were assuming all these years. They could have kept the brides in the dungeons, locked and restricted to go out, and find Severa's belongings.

But they didn't do anything like that. They are unafraid. It was easy to understand that even after marking their brides, Lycans could be aware of the mythology classes and training of the females outside the border. But it didn't worry them the way any alert pack would be. Instead, the Lycans were free of any worries. It wasn't even about underestimating the brides.

They just were sure that the brides would never be able to find Severa's belongings.

So, this temple could be a replica of the real one except for the extra towers.

"Do you want more tea?" Alma asked all of a sudden, pulling me out of my deep thoughts.  The shape of her eyes was narrow and cat-like. Even with her rabbit teeth making her look so innocent, the eyes would stable the boldness on her face.